Engine Bay Clean

dannybz

Took my car for a service today, got it back and found a nice patch of oil on the plenum..am i being anal too be annoyed? Messy barstewards. Oil around the filler cap too, had to give it a little clean anyway... but it got me thinking, perhaps the engine bay could do with a good clean throughout.

Any suggestions on how to do this, steam clean? any good professionals that can clean it up?

Oh and after wiping the tissue from the plenum there is still a slightish patch... dammit. Will this come off???

Cleaning the plenum is not an easy task as it's cast alloy. Really it needs a light sandblast but you can poss make some inroads with a steamer and some carb cleaner as Paddy said.

Be very careful steam cleaning ......make sure all electrics are well rapped in cling film.

Also the 350 engine bay is notorious for transport wax which is an unholy turd to clean off. I used some cellulose thinners on one years back but you need to be VERY careful as this obviously dissolves paint.

Autoglym machine cleaner is very good I found.

• Like 1

Moped mark that is insane! looks pristine IMO well more than. wow.

Hmmm wondering if i should ever go back to that guy who did the service. He did okay last time though, he serviced my car previously. am I being petty? arghh i just hate it when people working on your car kind of neglect to treat it with care, he also left the inside of my car all muddy... ffs.

Edited by dannybz

platic lol anyway the guy who did the oil change had run out of paper so couldnt print an invoice so said to pay the following week as i was having more done, so i have not paid him yet... dont think i am gonna bother going back either. I just feel like my car had been a little neglected and he did not even mention it or anything. Furious.

Spose i could buy a new plenum or one of those chromed ones, does anyone sell them on here?

Edited by dannybz