370z Key to work with a 350z??

fendz

I recently came across a 350z key on eBay and purchased it as it looked nice and like the newer Nissan key design, I then realised after I had purchased it that it was in fact the 370z key! :oops:

I decided that I would try and get it to work with my 350z because it is a nicer key!

I have followed the UK Programming guide and all went well, everything seemed to work, the indicators flashed at the right time to indicate that it had programmed correctly. But unfortunately the key still did not work.

keyfob_zpsicghpwnb.jpg

On the off chance has anyone ever tried to get one of these types of keys to work with a 350z?

Im not going to worry about getting a physical key cut until I know the unlock/lock buttons work.

IMG_0563_zpsws7xqjky.jpg

Edited by fendz

That's like my Inifinti key. Way too different as its got hands-free operation and hands-free starting.

I haven't actuallt prised both keys open but I'm pretty sure the transpoder chip in the 350z key will be discreet from the remote operation circuit, probably a pcf9735 (very common for a key of the 350z era), whereas a hands-free start key guarantees its on the circuit with a different controller chip. Sorry mate, worth a try and a nice idea but its not going to work.

Edited by Toon Chris

I've Just spoken to my local Nissan dealership and they said that it is possible to programme a Nissan Intelligent Key for the price of £52, not including getting the key blade cut. not sure if its worth that to me but I am considering it!

I shall update this thread if I get anymore info!

Just FYI, open up the 350 key and in the top corner there is the transponder chip. I think that's the one that deals with disabling the immobilizer/alarm. COuld always try to transplant this from one key to the other, just don't lose it!

Gonna be watching this thread...

Where is the actual key blade though? Never seen a 370 key so not sure? Also, cant seem to find one on eBay for less than 60.00

Edited by cs2000

The key blade is inside to be used in an emergency when the car battery is flat and the central locking wont work.

It is not used to start the car as it has a start button.

COuld get a bit annoying then on a 350. Shame as the key body itself looks a lot better. The 350 key is the same as a micra's !