Oil catch cans ......help please :)

Bodyboarder81

You guys are cracking me up! I know some of you have said you do not have the pcv mod but I'll tell you it's only a matter of time before pressurising the crankcase leads into oil leaks via rings and even gaskets. Don't forget the car was designed for NA. Everything changes when you go FI.

I agree with going with a bigger and also effective occ. And tbh any way you choose to relieve crankcase pressure with or without isolation of the intake plenum from the pcv will be better than doing nothing at all.

I like the Mishimoto can but not the price. I bought my can from elite engineering for $100 cheap and it works perfect.

http://www.eliteengineeringusa.com/catch-cans/

I'll post up some pics of my install tomorrow.

• Like 1

You guys are cracking me up! I know some of you have said you do not have the pcv mod but I'll tell you it's only a matter of time before pressurising the crankcase leads into oil leaks via rings and even gaskets. Don't forget the car was designed for NA. Everything changes when you go FI.

I agree with going with a bigger and also effective occ. And tbh any way you choose to relieve crankcase pressure with or without isolation of the intake plenum from the pcv will be better than doing nothing at all.

I like the Mishimoto can but not the price. I bought my can from elite engineering for $100 cheap and it works perfect.

I hear what your saying I just don't fully understand it!

If your telling me it can help longevity for a small price them has to be worth it I guess

The car is going to jez at Horsham ..... I'm hoping he knows what to do with it to be honest !! I'm very very confused ! Think ill just order the smaller mishimoto one ( big enough tricky ?) some 10 Id mm gates hose , along with a little filter ( Id 25mm ?) and 2 one way valve things again 10mm ones ? Sound about right ? Then dump it at Horsham :)

Only just seen this reply, yes Jez will know just whats needed, however I just had a look at the Mishimoto can and the one that I saw should be big enough, if its around the 1lt mark,

however there are a couple of things that I am not at all sure about, one is that it mentions it has a 40 micron filter, I wouldn't use it just because of this, its asking to become blocked very quickly ( a reason why early PCV systems became blocked and malfunctioned) and not necessary,

The fact that the can is mounted remotely is much better at getting oil and water vapor to drop out, so a simple baffle screen, and/or stainless scourers works just as well if not better, so don't fit an additional in line filter.

The second was price, :scare: you can pick up a perfectly good can from ebay for £40 rather than £90-210.

10mm hose is not big enough IMO, I would use 12mm or better still 15mm, with no one ways or filter, if you going to vent to atmosphere then just a short length of hose pointing under the car or a filter fitted to the can outlet, but as I said before your far better making use of the intakes natural vacuum, by taking the outlet hose back to the SC/turbo intake.

If your telling me it can help longevity for a small price them has to be worth it I guess

Like wise I've not enough mechanical savy to understand what's best so I've spoken to Lichfield and there going to do somthing for me when installing and tuning the car/kit

All this info is great tho :)

http://www.eliteengi...com/catch-cans/

Like wise I've not enough mechanical savy to understand what's best so I've spoken to Lichfield and there going to do somthing for me when installing and tuning the car/kit

All this info is great tho :)

Bennets saying it's better having a OCC then nothing at all. He's saying the Misimoto is nice, but not for that price, so he bought his from the link above.