Who wants a Carbon Bonnet?! :D

mattbrom

Sorry to see how bad that bumper turned up, I have had two regular bumpers sent via courier and one was not wrapped as well as it could have been but had bubble wrap polystyrene cardboard etc, there was damage in two of the corners similar to yours which was very likely cause by the courier throwing it about, I was warned this could happen before it was sent and it would not be covered as they are likely to be damaged, the other one came in an original bumper box and was perfect.

If there was insurance included then why have the couriers not paid out?

If it was perfect when it left the seller should also be in contact to help resolve things with you.

Hope you get it sorted out!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stylz, I know who you're going to buy a front bumper off of and he is the worlds dodgiest guy, I can never hit him when I throw stuff at him. However he won't mess you about with that bumper so have no fear. :)

If you are talking about who I think you're talking about ( and you will know cos you're an ace detective) then there will be absolutely no problem at all.

I might be talking about who you think I'm talking about that you're talking about.

Who Dat??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry to see how bad that bumper turned up, I have had two regular bumpers sent via courier and one was not wrapped as well as it could have been but had bubble wrap polystyrene cardboard etc, there was damage in two of the corners similar to yours which was very likely cause by the courier throwing it about, I was warned this could happen before it was sent and it would not be covered as they are likely to be damaged, the other one came in an original bumper box and was perfect.

If it was perfect when it left the seller should also be in contact to help resolve things with you.

Do you mean Bonnet cause all that bumper chat is now making me even ore worried!!

Edited by STYLZ
  • Like 1

Stylz, I know who you're going to buy a front bumper off of and he is the worlds dodgiest guy, I can never hit him when I throw stuff at him. However he won't mess you about with that bumper so have no fear. :)

If you are talking about who I think you're talking about ( and you will know cos you're an ace detective) then there will be absolutely no problem at all.

I might be talking about who you think I'm talking about that you're talking about.

Who Dat??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

All joking apart, if you are talking about the bumper that Grundy is selling then all is good. :)

Do you mean Bonnet cause all that bumper chat is now making me even ore worried!!

Honestly, don't worry about that bumper and if he does screw you over (you have more chance of getting 7 numbers on the lottery than this guy screwing you over) then I will personally pinch that flabby bit of skin under his arm for you and give it a good old twist.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Okay so i've just come across this thread after browsing through my old posts.

I'm a bit disappointed in some accusing me of scamming the guy.

So I'm going to post all the pictures i took of the bonnet prior to posting it for sale and maybe people who actually can zoom in on these pictures wont find any defects...for anyone that dont know how to zoom on a picture online its CTRL and +

Firstly the picture in which the buyer said "If you check his own pictures your see the damage to the drivers side near headlight area only once you see my close ups and compair is it clear."

LETS CHECK THAT OUT SHALL WE? Simple CTRL and + again if you need confirmation but i'll post it zoomed in already.

The 'damage' was light reflection from the bulb.

Light._zpsppllnd5y.png

P1040832_zpshfjz6bo3.jpg

Can you see the damage on the second picture??

Grundy225..

"Woh what a scum bag! Feel sorry for you mate!

Looking back through his pictures now...they seem very well strategically taken...especially with the username over the corner."

I'll clear this one up for you lad.

bottom%20corner_zpsqkfkphzd.png

And a big picture for you..

P1040834_zpsikxbgfvk.jpg

as a final word I did ask for collection i had nothing to hide. i would of preferred collection so the buyer got the bonnet in one piece as i know you cant trust a courier to look after the item. It left my garage in perfect condition I can not be held accountable for the couriers, soon as it left me it was out of my control

I did indeed say i would try and repair the bonnet. But i haven't had the time to take the trek to Kent as I work/live in Italy currently.

oh and for this comment..made me laugh "Guess thats one way to sponsor that Formula car he has parked in his Garage"

cheers..hard work scamming people has paid off..got another one ;)

BF095D8A-EA78-48A0-8BAB-B38105C25945_zps41fnzg9b.jpg

On a serious note I hope this has cleared the air on the condition it left me.

• Like 4