Introductions

Hello to everyone on the forum. I discovered and registered with this site about a week ago. I have scoured through as many of the posts as I could stand before my eyes began to bleed, and now feel the time has come for myself to introduce......er.......myself??? :blush:

My name is Carleton, I'm a 40 year old commercial diver who lives just outside of Plymouth but works mostly in the North Sea. I live with my partner and(cough) love of my life, Lisa and our two daughters. We have a fairly good and comfortable lifestyle and in the summer the bint and I take long trips out on my FZR1000 (it's old but very fast and the insurance is peanuts).

You may be thinking; this is all very interesting, but what's his point? Well, the point is I've just bought my first350z!!!! :yahoo: I have to be honest here, I have never owned a sports car before, my current/soon to be traded wheels being an Audi A6, so I'm entering a whole new world. This aint no midlife crisis thing that I've got going on, I have always want to go in this direction, but practicality has prohibited it ('cept for the bike!), more realistically, my common sense(Lisa) has prevented it.

With the promise of a new set of wheels for her and the money just sitting in the bank, the time was right. So, it's an imported '03 model in gunmetal, fairly basic spec, but in mint condition and only 14k on the clock(all bimta'd up). And I only have to wait until the 15th Nov to collect it!!! :scare::angry:

I have learned a lot by reading through the posts on here and hope, in time, I will learn a lot more, perhaps even have something to contribute. And I very much look forward to getting to know some of you on here (anyone from the southwest?).

I wish you all the very best.

Carleton

Great intro bud, and welcome to the site. Sounds like a great move getting rid of the Audi and getting a zed in one move :p

Was down in Plymouth a couple of weeks ago and with my wife navigating through the city we ended up in a multi story car park.

Anyway, enjoy the site and get yourself to a meet sometime. :thumbs:

Money in the bank and all those mods to choose from :yahoo:

You divers can afford it ;)

Welcome Carleton, may I be the first to say it is an honour to be in the presence of such an AWESOME dancer. I use to look up to you as a kid. And now my hero has announced a purchase of a 350z.

I AM NOT WORTHY :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

carlton.jpg

:lol:;) Welcome mate, just kidding get some piccies of your car as soon as, welcome to the insane assylum :thumbs:

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys.

I look forward to getting more familiar with you on the site, obviously not in a sexual sense, weirdos!

Loved the Fresh prince conncetion, ha ha, not heard that one before, ho ho! All taken in the spirit it's meant, worry not.

You're right about the wait, it's killing me! seems like the excitment is building up by the hour, I can barely stand still and haven't slept since putting the deposit down!!! I read Dave from Torbay's post a little earlier and my heart goes out to him having to wait til Xmas, and then only hopefully!!! seems we share more in common than being patient though, we bought our cars from the same place, Torque GT in Buckfastleigh. Mike and Tristan are a couple of really sound blokes and were very helpful. I left feeling that I'd got a really good deal with them and am very happy with the service. All power to them.

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys.

I look forward to getting more familiar with you on the site, obviously not in a sexual sense, weirdos!

Loved the Fresh prince conncetion, ha ha, not heard that one before, ho ho! All taken in the spirit it's meant, worry not.

You're right about the wait, it's killing me! seems like the excitment is building up by the hour, I can barely stand still and haven't slept since putting the deposit down!!! I read Dave from Torbay's post a little earlier and my heart goes out to him having to wait til Xmas, and then only hopefully!!! seems we share more in common than being patient though, we bought our cars from the same place, Torque GT in Buckfastleigh. Mike and Tristan are a couple of really sound blokes and were very helpful. I left feeling that I'd got a really good deal with them and am very happy with the service. All power to them.

keep us updated on the customer service and quality of car on arrival and aftercare from there mate, as always good to have a few sound refence to point newbies to who want to import jap cars over :thumbs:

Hi Carleton :bye:

If you have to wait for something, its nice to know we're both waiting for something thats worthwhile ;):D Ive had a good look at the Grey Zed youre buying and its a peach, you must be over the moon :D

I personally cant rate Torque GT highly enough. I bought my Skyline before through them, sold my Skyline through them and im buying the Zed through them. Their service is top notch and theyre genuine enthusiasts. The quality of their stock is also very high indeed. Im being totally honest when i say i will buy all my future vehicles through them if at all possible.

Hi back atcha, Dave

It's very reassuring to have you say that, bud. I hadn't heard of the company before last week. In fact, when i went to see them I was starting to worry that I'd got lost or missed them! they're a bit tricky to get to, no?

It's also nice to hear your opinion on the motor, I have to be honest, I was pushing my budget a little, and if I had to spend any more, I would have had to walk away, that really woulda left a bitter taste! Still, It's put me on the ladder now, and like you I think I'll be happy to do business with the lads again, perhaps a later model GT spec job next time, we'll see.

I feel the incredible urge to pose :D I may head over Torbay way, seems a good enough place to do it! who knows maybe we'll run into each other. :thumbs:

Helloooooo and Welcome

:yahoo:

Full of nutters here but sure you'll fit in just fine

(you'll learn who they r B) )

I thought you was one of the nutters :lol:

Comin from u thats funny :lol:

I'm a nutter in my own right but u rule the world :notworthy:

I'll get me coat :blush::lol:

Helloooooo and Welcome

:yahoo:

Full of nutters here but sure you'll fit in just fine

(you'll learn who they r B) )