salaries in the UK

ir_fuel

Hi

I was just looking at some job ads (dont worry, no plans of moving over :D), and how should i interprete the salary figures they give?

eg. they talk about a £35k annual salary. How much net is this ?

You would probably be lose roughly 30% of that to Tax & NI :dry:

Hi

I was just looking at some job ads (dont worry, no plans of moving over :D), and how should i interprete the salary figures they give?

Assuming no dodgy tax code, that is roughly correct. NI is National Insurance.

To give you an idea, if you wanted to buy a house on that, assuming 5 times salary you could borrow £175k. The average flat price about 20 miles west of London is about £200k..... :)

Hi

To give you an idea, if you wanted to buy a house on that, assuming 5 times salary you could borrow £175k. The average flat price about 20 miles west of London is about £200k..... :)

4 - 4.5 times income is a more realistic figure, there are'nt many lenders if any at all offering 5 times income :)

4 - 4.5 times income is a more realistic figure, there are'nt many lenders if any at all offering 5 times income :)

+1

The only ones offering more (unless you have a big deposit) are generally in league with lucifer as far as rate goes.

+1

The only ones offering more (unless you have a big deposit) are generally in league with lucifer as far as rate goes.

Have you seen the NR Together rates and fee's lately???? :scare::surrender::scare:

Hi

Fair enough. I was referring to what these jokers offered when I sorted my mortgage last week. http://www.abbey.co.uk/csgs/Satellite?c ... %2FGS_Home

Was just to show how it fitted in with living in the country!! :)

Interesting to see salaries might be higher in London, but that gets easily canceled out with the cost of living.

Exactly, you'll get a lot more for your money outside of the Cesspit/London :D

so f...ing true :angry: - I'm getting very tempted to move to Scotland with all the kudos on offer there compared to south of the border and house prices about half where I live. Pocket that half and retire!!