How do you get at the high level rear light internals?

unreal

As per the thread title - the light circled in the photo. Loads of water in there and I want to dry it out and seal it properly. I can't see any easy way of getting the lens out so can anyone explain the process?

Thanks

post-24632-0-14988600-1426705640_thumb.jpg

I would guess from inside the boot .try the search button

I wasn't really interested guesses and I know how the search button works. Thanks for the unhelpul reply.

Edited by unreal

A variety of workshop manuals are here: http://www.nicoclub...ce-manuals.html

If you find yours and look for the LT pdf, that should be lights, do a search for high mounted light and you should find a little bit of detail, there's not a great amount.

Thanks for that. I've looked for info and found nothing practical and precise.

Has anyone actually done this who can describe how they did it. I've broken too many plastic fittings in the past because I haven't known the 'trick' and would be surprised if I'm the first person who has had to do this, if only to replace the bulb.

Edited by unreal

I wasn't really interested guesses and I know how the search button works. Thanks for the unhelpul reply.

I was going to post a link for you, but seeing as I haven't done it myself I'd only be guessing that it was accurate so I don't think I'll bother now if that's your attitude.

I was going to post a link for you, but seeing as I haven't done it myself I'd only be guessing that it was accurate so I don't think I'll bother now if that's your attitude.

My attitude is simply that just about the most unhelpful reply anyone can post is "use the search button". Anyone that can use an internet forum knows about search and I'm not asking a FAQ like "what's the difference between an 05 and 06. Most people,like myself, use the forum search, plus google and only then post a question if they've drawn a blank. What you'll also find is that when I do the job, I'll post up a description and some photos, something no-one else in the history of the 350Z appears to have done yet - at least according to my forum and google searches.

Next time you don't know something, try the forum search and google and get nowhere, what will you do? That's right, you'll start a thread. Then ask yourself what you'll think if the very first reply tells you to use search.

Anyway, if you want to get all upset on someone else's behalf, you crack on son.

My attitude is simply that just about the most unhelpful reply anyone can post is "use the search button". Anyone that can use an internet forum knows about search and I'm not asking a FAQ like "what's the difference between an 05 and 06. Most people,like myself, use the forum search, plus google and only then post a question if they've drawn a blank. What you'll also find is that when I do the job, I'll post up a description and some photos, something no-one else in the history of the 350Z appears to have done yet - at least according to my forum and google searches.

Next time you don't know something, try the forum search and google and get nowhere, what will you do? That's right, you'll start a thread. Then ask yourself what you'll think if the very first reply tells you to use search.

Anyway, if you want to get all upset on someone else's behalf, you crack on son.

Your Google skills are weak!

248383d1246561133-how-do-you-get-to-the-third-brake-light-in-a-zr-roadster-stop-light.jpg

248383d1246561133-how-do-you-get-to-the-third-brake-light-in-a-zr-roadster-stop-light.jpg

Indeed they are but that's just what I needed - thank you!

I was only trying to help mate eny reply gets you're thread back to the top of the page that helps people actually notice it but you would have known that

Forget it mate. I obviously got the wrong end of the stick for which I apologise. :)

Indeed they are but that's just what I needed - thank you!

That's from the workshop manual linked in post #3 :shrug:

Appreciate that Stu but this is what you get if you click on 2004 roadster:

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/350Z/roadster/2004/

Not that user friendly as you can see with no indication of where to start looking. It's therefore helpful when someone who knows their way around the manual can link directly to the section in question.

I'll probably take some time to print most of the manual which will be a useful reference for a few jobs I want to do.