Installing lowering springs... need rolling too

MCook

I am planning on doing it myself tomorrow, just curious is it an easy enough job to do? I don't have much experience (I am sure many of you are aware of that!) other than doing my banana arm bushes and wheel bearings, both of which were relatively easy and a bit less daunting.

Also I am sure that my rears are going to rub, no doubt about it. I my self do not have an arch roller, will I be alright to leave it a few days after putting the springs in until I find someone who is able to roll my arches?

Are you planning on driving in the few days between lowering the car and getting the arches rolled, or will the car just sit there?? if you know its going to rub, i'd definitely be rolling the arches before driving anywhere - no point risking £300 on a set of rear tyres!

alternatively if you need to be mobile, do you have any narrower wheels you can put on the back while you wait for arches to be rolled?

Edited by brillomaster

Pointless lowering.

If you're going springs your fronts are going to rub crazy unless you flare the fronts.

Pay someone to do it. I wouldn't recommend doing it your self if you don't know how.

#teamtarmac

Are you planning on driving in the few days between lowering the car and getting the arches rolled, or will the car just sit there?? if you know its going to rub, i'd definitely be rolling the arches before driving anywhere - no point risking £300 on a set of rear tyres!

alternatively if you need to be mobile, do you have any narrower wheels you can put on the back while you wait for arches to be rolled?

I still have my old wheels which will fit just fine once lowered, so I will be able to drive the car.

I have a local garage that can roll my arches but that won't be till friday

Well I have only just gotten home and showered. I have not eaten since 11am. I am absolutely knackered.

Today was an event. Punches were thrown at helpless objects around me, tools were thrown in anger, but overall a good day!!! ...

Heard rubbing once on the way home, will be putting my smaller wheels on temporarily tomorrow.

Edited by MCook