Recommend me a product

duudiz

I have a Gun metal coupe and I am far from an avid cleaner. What I would like to achieve is a glossy wet look shine on my cars paint to make it pop.

Is there a particular product you guys would suggest?

Many thanks

If you're not looking to put lots of time in, on my GM, for all-in-one total ease of use, final look and all round bang for buck performance, Armour All Shield

http://www.amazon.co.uk/ArmorAll-SHIELD-17500EN-Polishing-Wax/dp/B008IO9M7C

However, if you get the box with the free microfibre and the applicator, file them away for emergencies and treat yourself to:

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/scholl-concepts-finishing-puck-cat24.html

http://www.saverschoiceuk.com/automotive/16-x-16-ultra-plush-600gsm-dark-blue-microfibre-edgeless-car-detailing-cloth.html

If you want something a bit more boutique to dumbfound the neighbours, but still good value and good performance, Poorboys White Diamond Glaze will give you a glossy wet look on gunmetal.

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/glazes/poorboys-white-diamond/prod_551.html

Edited by SuperStu
  • Like 1

Thanks for the above suggestions guys I have ordered some Aqua wax as I like how easy the application sounds!

Ilogikal - I will be honest and say I tend to clean my car at work with whatever products they use 'autosmart' I think? I am never quite happy with the shine the car gives after a wash etc. I don't have time to spend hours cleaning the car as I do work weekends so I do neglect my car slightly

Regarding budget I would never pay more than £15 for a product & your knowledge and array of products scares me!

• Like 1

:lol:

Based on your budget, for a deep, wet look I'll second Stu's suggestion for White Diamond glaze, and add Poorboys Natty's Blue wax on top (although the latter is a whole £2 over budget... sorry about that). That'll be quite hands on to apply but should see you through a good 2/3 months per application fairly easily.

Alternatively if you want ease & speed of use, I'd recommend Gyeon Washcoat or Car Chem Hydro Coat (which again comes in a couple of quid over budget with postage... but the bottle should last you years!), the compromise for the speed and ease of use with either of these is that you'll get a more glossy, glass-like finish than the wet look you were after.

Edited by ilogikal1

I usually aim to get 5 (and a bit if I can) from that size bottle. I aim to use around 100ml per car, per application but have found I can use a bit less some times or a bit more other times. I know some people claim to use as little as 75ml, others use 125ml so anywhere in that sort of range is the target really (although even less would be impressive).

I've found it tends to spread a looooooong way on the panel when rinsing, so always try to use less than you think you're going to need and you should still be okay (easier said than done, I know. I struggle with that myself!) and remember to rinse thoroughly. Also remember that you can always add more if you missed a bit after rinsing. That's a lot for me to remember, so I've made space in my brain by forgetting the names of vegetables and other unimportant information. :teeth:

If you want to see just how far it actually does spread, next time you notice your beading dropping off, give one panel one spray and witness the magic. It really is quite surprising how far it goes!

Used it twice in 3 weekds now. I didn't really trust it the first time, but was pleasantly surprised. This time I really couldn't be arsed to do anything after the TBW as I had a Vauxhall shed to clean too, so it was the quickest thing to hand.

The shine comes from the prep, so I'd get a clay bar/cloth/mit and a good polish. That is the stage that makes the difference. You can't go wrong with Autoglym Super Resin Polish, but these stages take some hard work unfortunately.

Any wax/sealant on top will look good on a properly polished surface. Any wax or sealant will look bad on a badly prepped surface.

:lol:

Yep, you could be using a bit too much then. :p To be fair though, I massively overused it at first too so you're not alone.

Are you using it every wash, too? I've found it'll last 2-3 months between applications.

holy crap - I used 2/3rds of a bottle in one go

I was going to give up on it due to cost per application .......... but as above, I may have been a little over-enthusiastic

• Like 2