Fuel Gauge Misreading and Rough Idle! Help!!!

drysd4le

Hi,

I have recently noticed that my fuel gauge has been reading wrong intermittently and now my car has started idling very rough from start, with a smell of petrol too. I was wondering if this could be due to fuel sender issue possibly overfuelling has anyone got any advice on this?.

Cheers.

Mines exactly the same, I'd love to know the problem! My idle is very rough and the accelerator seems sticky, also revs high sometimes when I put the clutch down and the fuel gauge jumps 50mpg apart within a few minutes of driving then goes back, usually when it's getting quite low

Hi,

I have recently noticed that my fuel gauge has been reading wrong intermittently and now my car has started idling very rough from start, with a smell of petrol too. I was wondering if this could be due to fuel sender issue possibly overfuelling has anyone got any advice on this?.

Cheers.

Your fuel sender unit and MAF are probably dirty.

• 1 month later...

Cheers mate, that was my thoughts, gonna try and give them a clean in the next few days. I really hope it sorts it, really really frustrating. Think I also need to replace the fuel damper as I have a tick too!

Did you get round to sorting this mate?

Regards the inaccurate fuel gauge reading Adam, if you search under 350Z forum-350Z faq-guides there is a thread titled "How to- fix the inaccurate fuel gauge" which provides a step by step guide to cleaning the 2 fuel senders. Sorry I can't post up a direct link. Never found out how to do it on an iPad yet.

• Like 1

Regards the inaccurate fuel gauge reading Adam, if you search under 350Z forum-350Z faq-guides there is a thread titled "How to- fix the inaccurate fuel gauge" which provides a step by step guide to cleaning the 2 fuel senders. Sorry I can't post up a direct link. Never found out how to do it on an iPad yet.

Done it for you Rich. ;)

Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/54763-how-to-fix-the-inaccurate-fuel-gauge-pdf/

:thumbs:

• Like 2

Cheers for that GM, The new Zeds fuel gauge seems to have a mind of its own!

For those that are incompetent (Myself) has anyone ever had a dealer fix this and the sorts of costs you are looking at?

Edited by CJRamze

Done it for you Rich. ;)

Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/54763-how-to-fix-the-inaccurate-fuel-gauge-pdf/

:thumbs:

Cheers Garth. You never let me down!
  • Like 1