1 Co-op store

5 hair & beauty places

2 bookies

1 dentist,

2 doctors surgeries

1 vet

1 Church

1 Chapel

However, within about half a mile we have tesco, lidl, 24hr garages, crematorium, lots of takeaway shops.

I'm actually rather proud of him for knowing B)

It's a tiny wee town up in the NE of Scotland. It takes 10 minutes to walk around the entire town centre so it's quite memorable when you notice there are a large number of frilly knicker shops.

Its full of mental people who notice an outsider as soon as you step foot in the place. They've got a decent indian restaurant that turns into a nightclub also :)
  • Like 1

I'm actually rather proud of him for knowing B)

It's a tiny wee town up in the NE of Scotland. It takes 10 minutes to walk around the entire town centre so it's quite memorable when you notice there are a large number of frilly knicker shops.

Its full of mental people who notice an outsider as soon as you step foot in the place. They've got a decent indian restaurant that turns into a nightclub also :)

The bit about spotting outsiders applies to a lot of places in North Wales.

I used to work with a Welsh guy from Wrexham, he and his wife were in a small village out snowdonia way, walked into a pub and the places went quiet after a few moments they started talking Welsh. They got a drink sat down and then quite loudly his wife told him in English exactly what they had just said about them :lol:

They didn't figure on either of them actually speaking Welsh :scare::surrender::lol:

Edit: we go to mold market every now and again

Edited again due to typos

Edited by Fodder

A population of 469 in my village. I had often wondered, nice to know. Good thread idea.

A pub that is sometimes open !!!! Latter days of the week and I don't think lunchtimes even then !!!

A small shop in the Campsite on the outskirts of the village, which has next to nothing in it, apart from a good range of sweets for the kids as they get off their school bus there to walk home in the village.

I love it here though, so quiet and great views and a fairly decent driveway - essential stuff !! :lol: