Nismo Exhaust SOLD

hunt350z

:headhurt: why?

+ 1 why?

It like saying i dont want hundreds and thousands on my ice cream. :scare::lol:

:lol:

Stop spamming his thread! ;):p

I'm sure you'll get a buyer mate, these things sell pretty well.

They do when the price is more than what it costs to import one from the US. ;)

HMM i'm tempted but off Adam - £665.369 plus import duty and bigphil is getting some

£740 plus petrol (400 miles) or postage would be at least £800 :headhurt:

Exactly, somebody is basically trying to get 100% of their money back which is fair doo's but i don't think its gonna get sold at that price. :blush:

HMM i'm tempted but off Adam - £665.369 plus import duty and bigphil is getting some

Exactly, somebody is basically trying to get 100% of their money back which is fair doo's but i don't think its gonna get sold at that price. :blush:

Why not its still a good deal is it not??

Why not its still a good deal is it not??

it would be ok if you live around the corner from the guy selling but if you have to pay to have it delivered then it will cost you more than if you ordered a brand new one yourself

£665.369 + duty of 6% ish and the VAT at 17.5% plus a collection charge from the carrier of £12 - £20...it'll cost you more like £850

i take it that you have bought one ? and the information you have supplied is correct ?

it seemed to me from previous posts from people who have bought one from adam, that was about the total price ? and the seller is trying to recoupe all the costs without loss, which is fair enough

it would be handy if someone who has bought one from the states recently could give a total price and if bigphil could put a price forward as iirc he has them in stock this week

No I've not bought a Nismo exhaust...but my business is importing equipment - not normally from the USA but thats not unique in anyway. Certain items can be duty free but generally the duty will be from 1.5% if you're lucky to 7% - you can spend time searching for a taric code that has a lower duty rate for the item you're importing.

You will also be charged VAT at 17.5% and a collection fee from the carrier - UPS guy told me last week over the Xmas period they don't always collect it as they are so busy...don't count on it though.

Phil will prob be about £900 ish delivered to you door I think? with full UK back up and a service to go with it :thumbs: if theres anything wrong its only a call away and rectification is a simple process... you dont have to pack it up and send back to the states and wait. i'm sure that certain peeps in the US are highly efficient and there's a great back up service...but its not always produce price, there needs to be a service with it.

... its your choice

Nismo exhaust will be £850 plus £15 next day delivery.

Will come with 12 month no quibble warranty.

Anything goes wrong you get a new one next day as we will be holding some back not for sale just incase.

We even collect the damaged goods at our expense and any claims can be settled by providing pictures of the problem.

Big Phils numbers make sense with a cost of £665 you end up with a figure of £850 and he buys in bulk. Its possible to enter any figure on the customs declaration for individuals to pay a lower figure...however any insurance value would be lower too should the goods get lost or damaged.

HM Revenue & Customs...

3.1 How are customs charges calculated?

Charges are raised by Customs staff at the postal depots where the packages are received. However, in some cases special arrangements are in place for goods purchased on the internet (see paragraph 3.4 below).

The amount of customs charges payable will depend on the type of goods imported and the value (converted using the rates of exchange for the month of importation as shown on the HMRC website) stated on the customs declaration (CN22/CN23):

Customs duty - this is usually charged as a percentage of the value. The percentage varies depending on the type of goods and their country of origin. Duty is charged on the price paid for the goods including any local sales taxes plus postage, packing and insurance costs. However, postage is excluded from the calculation for duty on gifts sent by post except for Express Mail Service (EMS).

Where the value of gifts is below £290 per consignment a flat rate of duty of 3.5% will be applied, but only if it is to your advantage.

Note: Customs duty will be waived if the amount is less than £7.

Excise duty - this is charged on alcohol and tobacco products and is additional to customs duty. The excise duty on wines and spirits depends on the alcohol content and whether wine is sparkling or still. Duty on cigarettes is based on the percentage of the recommended retail selling price combined with a quantity charge. On other tobacco products eg cigars or hand rolling tobacco, it is charged on the net weight.

Value Added Tax (VAT) - Import VAT is charged at the same rate that applies to similar goods sold in the UK. The value of the goods for import VAT is based on the value for customs duty plus any import duties charged.

3.2 Is duty charged on used goods?

Used goods are still liable to the same duty and VAT charges as if they were new. However, their value may vary depending on their age and condition.

3.3 How do I pay customs charges?

Royal Mail provides several options for payment and they will inform you of the options available and the amounts payable when they contact you. In all cases details of the charges, including the Royal Mail or Parcelforce Worldwide handling fee, will be shown separately on a label affixed to the package.

Sometimes you may be sent a customs declaration form (C88 or C160) which you must complete and return to the Postal Depot before your package can be delivered. You should not send any payment with this form unless asked to do so.

3.5 Why do I have to pay a handling fee to Royal Mail?

If customs charges are payable upon importation Royal Mail charge a handling fee to cover the costs for operating the postal customs depot, handling the package for customs examination, and, if required, opening, repacking and resealing the package if, for example information is missing from the declaration. Royal Mail fees are itemised separately on the charge label and collected at the same time as customs charges. Because they are completely separate from any customs charges any queries about them should be raised with Royal Mail or Parcelforce Worldwide as appropriate.

maybe a lower price is put on the parcel to incurr lower import duty but it seems the the cost is approx £740 ish to get one from the states as it looks as though two people here have paid that

so the seller is trying to recoupe all his costs and if bought from him it would cost more than ordering one new from the states yourself as you will need to pay carriage charges now on top

it doesnt seem polite to try to guess how bigphil prices a product tbh

anyhoo... bottom line is

£740 from the states and take the risk or

from bigphil............

Nismo exhaust will be £850 plus £15 next day delivery.

Will come with 12 month no quibble warranty.

Anything goes wrong you get a new one next day as we will be holding some back not for sale just incase.

We even collect the damaged goods at our expense and any claims can be settled by providing pictures of the problem.

thats what i've looked for a while - figures to compare :teeth: