Lots of work!! Hints and tips needed.

HAMLNJ

Hi guys, I have always had my servicing done by a local garage and maintained the service history. However, this year I have decided to do some work my self, learn as I go and have a little pride that I put in some tlc. With a massive help from ewen at clark motor sport I have everything thing I need to carry out the following.

Engine oil and filter change

Diff oil change

Gear box oil change with molyslip (which I don't know how to apply the molyslip if I'm honest)

New discs and pads.

Tein springs

Spacers

Removing my cracked decats and replacing my normal cats,

Confident with most of above, but could anyone drop some quick tips on diff oil and gear box oil change, I have bought a syringe.

Discs and pads, done them before nut again any quick tips. After searching it all seems simple.

Tein springs, I'm going to take the struts out and them a garage to swap these.

Spacers, easy.

Cats, can I un bolt and push the y pipe back. Pop them out and slip the old ones on?

Just trying to do some homework before I'm left working on a car util very late.

Its 55 plate, 112k miles on the clock.

I'm am searching but getting something's and not others. :-) also if anyone is near cheddar and fancy helping out for a laugh your welcome!

Cheers everyone!

Hi guys, I have always had my servicing done by a local garage and maintained the service history. However, this year I have decided to do some work my self, learn as I go and have a little pride that I put in some tlc. With a massive help from ewen at clark motor sport I have everything thing I need to carry out the following.

Engine oil and filter change

Diff oil change

Gear box oil change with molyslip (which I don't know how to apply the molyslip if I'm honest)

New discs and pads.

Tein springs

Spacers

Removing my cracked decats and replacing my normal cats,

Confident with most of above, but could anyone drop some quick tips on diff oil and gear box oil change, I have bought a syringe.

Discs and pads, done them before nut again any quick tips. After searching it all seems simple.

Tein springs, I'm going to take the struts out and them a garage to swap these.

Spacers, easy.

Cats, can I un bolt and push the y pipe back. Pop them out and slip the old ones on?

Just trying to do some homework before I'm left working on a car util very late.

Its 55 plate, 112k miles on the clock.

I'm am searching but getting something's and not others. :-) also if anyone is near cheddar and fancy helping out for a laugh your welcome!

Cheers everyone!

Gearbox and Diff oil change is straight forward. Firstly make sure that the filling plugs on both the gearbox and diff will undo the last thing you want to find is that you have drained the fluid only to realise you can not undo the filling plug. Put the Molly slip directly into the gearbox before adding the oil. The gearbox filling is a little tricky even with a syringe due to lack of access just fill with oil till it seeps out of the plug hole. dont forget to replace the drain plug before refilling.

Brakes http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/32134-how-to-change-front-brake-pads-on-brembo-pic-heavy/

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/22413-how-to-replace-rear-brembo-brake-pads/

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/84969-how-to-oil-filter-change-guide/

• Like 1

Finished the work, love to put some photos up but only have 35kb uploads? Anyway, managed to get the new springs on, discs, pads, oil change and filter. Took all day.... and without a ramp and some professional friends I would of be stuffed.