new suspension, new wheels.....now slip light comes on

dougie350

hi everyone, ive recently fitted some hsd monopros and some rota gtr-ds to my z, ive only put the rear wheels on so far but everytime i drive it the slip light comes on? on the standard wheels its fine even with it being lowered so its something to do with the new wheels, the size of the rear wheels are 18x12 et20 so they are pretty huge, any ideas why the light is throwing up? many thanks. doug

hahah WOW that's a massive 5.45% smaller rolling diameter than the standard 245/45s, so the rear wheels are rotating a heck of a lot faster than they should be compared to the fronts, hence why tcs is throwing a right wobbly, it thinks you're in a state of perma-drift!

http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=245&aspect=45&diameter=18&wheelwidth=8.5&offset=33&width2=265&aspect2=35&diameter2=18&wheelwidth2=12&offset2=20

also, muchos kudos on the insane amount of stretch, you could quite happily put a 315 on a 12" rim!

Edited by brillomaster

hahah WOW that's a massive 5.45% smaller rolling diameter than the standard 245/45s, so the rear wheels are rotating a heck of a lot faster than they should be compared to the fronts, hence why tcs is throwing a right wobbly.

http://www.willtheyf...2=12&offset2=20

also, muchos kudos on the insane amount of stretch, you could quite happily put a 315 on a 12" rim!

Needs to run the stretch or the tread will be miles out the Arch.

The issue your having is because of your front wheels. Wrong size tyres to accommodate the rear I believe.

hate to say it, but I don't think a 245/40 is gonna work...

your new rears are currently 5.45% different to the standard rears, but the fronts you're planning to put on are only 1% different than the standard fronts - you'd need a 245/35 to match the 265/35 on the rear.

have a play around on willtheyfit.com - basically, the rear wheels need to be 2.5% different to the fronts (the rears need to be 2.5% larger, so they rotate slightly slower than the fronts)

ah right ok... thanks very much guys, much appreciated! well ill have to have a look, luckily they are really cheap tyres (£76.99 a pair) so its not the end of the world :) even if it means i drive around with the tcs off till i buy some more! at least ill have fun in this wet weather! cheers again!

• Like 1

Ironically... (I apologise this is purely theoretical and doesn't actually help at all) if you put the 265/35/18x12j wheels on the front, and the standard 225/45/18 fronts on the rear, the TCS would work fine with that, although looks and handling would suffer somewhat :lol:

• Like 1

hahah WOW that's a massive 5.45% smaller rolling diameter than the standard 245/45s, so the rear wheels are rotating a heck of a lot faster than they should be compared to the fronts, hence why tcs is throwing a right wobbly, it thinks you're in a state of perma-drift!

http://www.willtheyf...2=12&offset2=20

perma-drift sounds amazing :teeth: