Chargespeed Rear Bumper..?

RichCox350Z

Don't buy an original unless you have a very good body shop lined up to fit it. The RT copy was made off an original (Wassos) and was tweaked to make a better fit. A few people have moaned about the fit for the original and the copy. Both need fettling and fitting by someone who knows how to fit it. Its not a DIY job. I suggest RT if you want the job done well.

• Like 1

Original or Replica....not really a hard choice?

Can't see any where online complaining about fitment issues, the 2 links I found, both saying the bodyshops were impressed with the fitment from out of the box.

I thought all RT did was change the number plate light housing.

Rather a genuine for minimal price difference. But looks like Amazons is out of stock atm.

Martin is right, it's a copy of my old original.

The original is fine, the only bits that needed adjustment was where the boot lock goes and a whisper off where the indicator cluster sits. Literally 30 mins of fettling with a file. The original fits like a glove!

I'll be honest the copy isn't that great since having mine on. The physical structure is not a patch on the original. Also the RT carbon weave is different and made with a totally different technique, as such it's made of 3 parts. The original diffuser is one single piece and has not yet been copied with the same level of perfection.

Edited by Wasso
  • Like 1

Get the original, original is always better. Any fibreglass kit will require some fettling as it's the nature of fibreglass kits to need it. Anyone who says their fibreglass bumpers fit perfectly from delivery is either naive or just plain lying. Even the genuine nismo bumpers need some tweaking to make them fit perfectly :)

Get the original, original is always better. Any fibreglass kit will require some fettling as it's the nature of fibreglass kits to need it. Anyone who says their fibreglass bumpers fit perfectly from delivery is either naive or just plain lying. Even the genuine nismo bumpers need some tweaking to make them fit perfectly :)

My V2 didn't require ANY fettling, same with Bob's (Buster) - both purchased from a well known company that sold "needs work" bodykits.

Maybe we were lucky. But mine just bolted straight on, not even a wiggle needed. But that's not to say all kits in fibreglass like you say will fit first time and need adjustment.

OK, so next question for you guys... Has anyone got a picture of their 'Modified' boot latch / number plate light bracket they made for the Chargespeed rear bumper? :help:

You don't need to go to "modified" lengths. Just file and slot in?? :shrug:

It's the recess in which both the lock and indicator housing resides. File for perfect fitment, but that "may" just have been mine that needed additional perfecting.

As Ian said you don't have to mod it to fit it but maybe a bit of filing to adjust it.I haven't got a close up of what you are talking about but here is a rear view of mine.

get-attachment3_zps42dfccce.jpg

Edited by Payco

Will measure for you tonight as its not my daily driver and post tomorrow. I had to order mine online as Halfrauds and the local car shop don't stock the size needed on the chargespeed.

Ask away anytime, it's what the forum is all about and makes this a great place.

Could you do me a favour please and tell me what size number plate fits? Is it 7" x 9" or smaller?

looking at im going to guess its a 12x6" usa import sized plate

Ask away anytime, it's what the forum is all about and makes this a great place.

Could you do me a favour please and tell me what size number plate fits? Is it 7" x 9" or smaller?

looking at im going to guess its a 12x6" usa import sized plate

Yea best guess it looks like the smaller 12x6" but luckily we can get number plates made up at my work, I just need to know the size so I can order it! only costs about £9, :yahoo:

• 1 month later...