Private Plates

Dan

I'm not normally a huge fan of private plates but I spotted a very clever one the other day. It was on an X5 or something similar and the plate said : D380RAH. It looked just like DEBORAH ( of course !!! ).

The other one I liked was a Testarossa I used to see on my way to work which had 4RE on the plate. Which sounds a lot like Ferrari if you say it out loud.

Apologies if I've just stated the bleeding obvious, twice. It's one of those days !

:lol: numberplates seem to be a good investment to, they seem to be like property at the moment always going up in value if the demand is right, like my last plate T3XT J, i paid 189 for it and sold it for 1500 5 months later, now he is trying to sell it for 3500 :wacko::lol:

I'm not normally a huge fan of private plates but I spotted a very clever one the other day. It was on an X5 or something similar and the plate said : D380RAH. It looked just like DEBORAH ( of course !!! ).

The other one I liked was a Testarossa I used to see on my way to work which had 4RE on the plate. Which sounds a lot like Ferrari if you say it out loud.

First plate is cool.

Second one is ridiculous imho :wacko:

I got fined £30 for mine today :rant:

why?

Because its illegally spaced. Apparantly :dry:

thats b%llocks aint the police got anything better to do :dry:

Jokers.

As I was getting out of the police car,having just handed me a fixed penalty notice, one of the coppers asked:

So whats the best mortgage rate at the moment?

My reply:

You must be ****ing joking pal....

Prick. :dry:

I got fined £30 for mine today :rant:

why?

thats b%llocks aint the police got anything better to do :dry:

Jokers.

As I was getting out of the police car,having just handed me a fixed penalty notice, one of the coppers asked:

So whats the best mortgage rate at the moment?

My reply:

You must be ****ing joking pal....

Prick. :dry:

Jokers :dry:

I heard somewhere that they do like a bingo game with like number plates and people earn tons of money, or did I dream that :wacko:

they ask you as part of the form filling in - they asked me when they got me a few weeks ago for the same thing. I never got a fine though - had to get new plates and get it signed off by an MOT station though which was far more hassle!

You should have given him really bad advice mate.

Gutted though, your plate seemed fine when i saw it.

I've got my personal one on now mate :)

Ah thats why then.

How did he know what you do? Did you tell him?

He asked how i could afford the car at 28.................... :)

I said i had a 'good' job hoping he would pick up on me hinting that he was doing a crap job. :lol: I have no problem with police officers or the job, just with dicks in police uniforms giving the rest a bad name.... :dry:

He asked how i could afford the car at 28.................... :)

Should of told him you do a bit of this and a bit of that, deals here and there (i.e property), then look at his face as you ask him if you could get some drugs out your car whilst being question, (pull out some asperines) :lol:

They are red hot on this just now because of the automatic number plate recognition ( ANPR ) systems they are using.

Basically these are cameras, both fixed and mobile, that can read dozens of number plates per second and look them up on a database and tell straight away if the car is nicked, not taxed or not insured.

But they don't like plates which are illegally spaced, apparently.

We got a letter through from DVLA warning us about producing illegally spaced number plates, or plates with fancy fonts etc ( we have a computer operated number plate machine, very fancy gadget, which can print different fonts and create effects etc for show plates ) for customers and threatening us with a large fine if we produce any that end up on the road...our name appears on the bottom of the plates so we can't say it wasn't us that printed it :headhurt:

possibly, you would have to argue that the characters are black

article in last weeks Autoexpress. The DVLA and the police are on a big clamp down. Even logo's on plates are deemed illegal.

latest guidelines are here

http://www.dvla.gov.uk/media/pdf/leaflets/v796.pdf

Thats ridicoulours logos on plates never use to be, anything to charge us :angry:

Ive got normal plates to ill just keep them in my boot if I get caught just swear blind I forgot to exchange them over after a show ;)

the letters are carbon fibre

Think this is legal. Certainly came up in the legal options on the plate I ordered for mine.

On a related note I think that the Z would look good with a number plate sticker on the front instead of the horrible black mount. Anybody know if this is legal now???

the letters are carbon fibre

Think this is legal. Certainly came up in the legal options on the plate I ordered for mine.

On a related note I think that the Z would look good with a number plate sticker on the front instead of the horrible black mount. Anybody know if this is legal now???

I think you are right, the numberplate websites seem to say they are legal