Mishimoto oil cooler

Mike1989

You have the wrong item number.

I'm assuming you mean this one: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FREE-SHIPPING-Mishimoto-Nissan-350Z-Oil-Cooler-Kit-03-09-G35-Z33-filter-engine-2-/161571486561?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item259e693b61

If you need one I'd buy it. ;)

I bought one from the same seller back last summer and it works great on my supercharged 350Z. It is a genuine Mishimoto oil cooler and actually came direct from Mishimoto UK in Kidderminster.

Tbh I have no idea how they are so cheap and neither did Chris from Tarmac Sportz when I asked him. All I can think of is that their stock levels of them are too high and they offload some of them at a ludicrously low price. :shrug:

The only downside to that one (& the one I bought) is that it doesn't come with a thermostatic sandwich plate which I wanted but you could just use the non thermostatic sandwich plate supplied with the kit. You can buy the thermostatic sandwich plate though from Mishimoto UK for around £80 so if you wanted one of them you could use the cash you save on the oil cooler to buy that too and still have some change left over. :thumbs:

• Like 1

So do you run yours without the sandwich plate then? I always heard that wasn't a great idea in the UK.

No I run mine with a Mishimoto thermostatic sandwich plate which is better than the standard non thermostatic plate in that kit. :D

Yeah that's the one mate lol! We'll I'm planning on supercharging mine and I thought it was to good to be true,

I brought some mishimoto hoses off them for £27 lol, that felt like robbery.

I thought it was too good to be true as well. :surrender:

Emailed the seller before I bought it and asked if it was genuine otherwise I wouldn't be happy. He confirmed to me it was and I was still skeptical but decided to order it anyway as the price was fantastic.

It arrived with an address label on it confirming the actual shipping address it was sent from was in fact from Mishimoto UK in Kidderminster. It was in a fully branded box, had all the correct paper work/stickers & branded bags. Completely genuine item and 100% working so not a faulty or returned item either.

Wouldn't recommend it if I wasn't so happy with mine. :D;)

• Like 1

So do you run yours without the sandwich plate then? I always heard that wasn't a great idea in the UK.

No I run mine with a Mishimoto thermostatic sandwich plate which is better than the standard non thermostatic plate in that kit. :D

Sorry I was supposed to write thermo plate. I have this kit but need to get round to ordering a decent thermo plate and get it fitted as the 70 is awful for overheating.

Sorry I was supposed to write thermo plate. I have this kit but need to get round to ordering a decent thermo plate and get it fitted as the 70 is awful for overheating.

I find my thermostatic plate to be pretty good tbh.

The thermostatic sandwich plate does help protect your engine imo when you're doing shorter journeys as it prevents the oil from passing into the oil cooler before it's up to temperature, therefore allowing your oil to get to operating temperature rather than pass through the oil cooler and be unnecessarily cooled. :thumbs:

I find my thermostatic plate to be pretty good tbh.

The thermostatic sandwich plate does help protect your engine imo when you're doing shorter journeys as it prevents the oil from passing into the oil cooler before it's up to temperature, therefore allowing your oil to get to operating temperature rather than pass through the oil cooler and be unnecessarily cooled. :thumbs:

Cheers dude will get the thermo Mishimoto one ordered then :) So just to confirm this seller is Mishimoto UK as you can see below!

This transaction will appear on your bill as PayPal *MISHIMOTOUK

Edited by 370Ad
  • Like 1

is this the same seller?

Yes genuine Mishimoto parts with XX@mishimoto.com email address.

just ordered one it shows the thermostatic plate is that part of the kit?

If you bought the one that 370Ad linked then no that is not a thermostatic sandwich plate (the silver one) with the kit.

Doesn't matter though as if you want to add the thermostatic sandwich plate you can get them separately from Mishimoto for just over £80/£90.

Link: http://www.mishimoto...wich-plate.html

Edit: Too slow. 370Ad beat me to a reply. Still link above if it helps. :thumbs:

Edited by GMballistic
  • Like 1