ECU Remap - 350Z DE - Thoughts?

RS8055

So to remap stock ECU I need to get some UpRev license?

I can't just connect via OBD2 and do some minor changes?

My biggest concern at the moment is that, throttle in 1st:2nd and 3rd gear are limited by the stock map!

But those gears are the ones I will use on track to drift...

There is no DIY right?

Oh and I have an european LHD model ;)

You have a LHD too? But live in UK? Why is that?

So Mark, can you get some of the benefits of the Up-Rev just by getting a throttle controller? Obviously you wont get the otimisation to previous mods like you would with an Up-Rev, but if your saying the throttle response is lazy in the first 3 gears, does the throttle controller not get around that?

When I first came to the site, throttle controllers were all the rage, though now they seem to be few and far between.

S14DST is located in Luxembourg.

thats w ehe has a LHD car.

I live in Latvia ;)

So Mark, can you get some of the benefits of the Up-Rev just by getting a throttle controller? Obviously you wont get the otimisation to previous mods like you would with an Up-Rev, but if your saying the throttle response is lazy in the first 3 gears, does the throttle controller not get around that?

When I first came to the site, throttle controllers were all the rage, though now they seem to be few and far between.

I would like to know that, because for the first season my car will bee basically stock and don't wan't to spend extra cash for map, if I could make it responsive with a controller...

theres probably a reason for that... i think youve answered your own question lol.

finally found the graph - as you can see, in the various sports modes, the throttle controller gives more throttle opening for a given pedal position - so car respondes quicker to the depression of the pedal. but in all cases 100% pedal press =100 throttle opening.

as standard, the car in 1st gear will responde like EC5 in the graph, 2nd gear will be like EC3, and 3rd gear like EC2, say. and then 4th through 6th will be a largely linear relationship between throttle pedal position and throttle opening.

$T2eC16RHJF8E9nnC7RMkBRELN(HycQ~~60_1.JPG?set_id=880000500F

so for a given position of the pedal, say, 40% pressed, with the D1 throttle controller you can decide whether you want that to equate to a throttle opening of anywhere between 25% in EC5, all the way up to nearly 70% in SP7.

Edited by brillomaster
  • Like 1

I wouldn't say it isn't worth it - just be sure you know what it does before forking out any hard earned cash.

if you want any extra power at WOT then no, it wont change anything - to make more power you need an uprev. the throttle controller simply intercepts the signal from the pedal to the ecu - so if you want a more responsive pedal/throttle connection then yes, i'd say it was worth it.

alternatively, you could just press the pedal harder in the first 3 gears...

• 1 month later...

I think you've been informed correctly about where/how you can get the map done.

I always think the map was worth it make the most of the N/A mods, and it makes the car more responsive and sorts out the AFR etc. However, it will not feel like a totally different car and other than the placebo of the slightly sharper throttle, you really won't notice the extra few horsepower.

When I had my UpRev remap done at Abbey I think it felt better especially in the lower to mid rev range after fitting a full Milltek exhaust system, Berk HFCs, MotorDyne plenum spacer (better low down torque), and HKS panel filter. Also remember that changing the full exhaust system together with HFCs (feather light) offers a substantial weight saving which no-one has mentioned so I'm sure it is slightly faster to 60. Not cheap as a whole but worth it in my opinion.