hi and maybe bye...?

doc.usy

hi all- i never really knew there was another club- ignorance maybe- just googled and signed up to the first 1 that came up? anyways that subscription has now expired!

Im from glasgow- bought a brand new Z in sept last year- black

didnt really modify it but looked after it- kept it shiny always and used the expensive petrol always!

Then about 3/4 months ago it was bloacking my brothers car in the drive coz i had work the next morning and he had to go get something from a mates so he took my car- cut a long story short- wrapped my car round a pole at a roundabout and now its pretty much deemed a write off (took the insurance 4 months to tell me that btw) anyways, they have offered me a settlement and said i could have the car back for about 10k. now i dont know wether to take it or not and just go get a new 1- or just leave it altogether and get somet different! (had semi deiceded on an audi but not ordered anything yet)

so help..? thoughts?

also how can i push the insurance for more money? should they be offering me the value of the vehicle as it stood when the accident happened or now? it has been 4 months! over that now a think and its still going on...meanwhile finance company is rinsing me...

cheers all

:welcome: to the forum

I would take the settlement and get another Z. Certainly wouldn't buy a audi (i assume you man TT) they are already getting quite common and will only get more so as audi will bring more and more versions out of it.

Hi Doc - welcome aboard! :thumbs:

I recognise your tale from elsewhere. ;)

Until I got the Zed I thought that I wanted to try as many cars as possible but somehow this one's turned in to a keeper. Try the TT by all means but I suspect you may be disappointed. :)

hi all- i never really knew there was another club- ignorance maybe- just googled and signed up to the first 1 that came up? anyways that subscription has now expired!

Im from glasgow- bought a brand new Z in sept last year- black

didnt really modify it but looked after it- kept it shiny always and used the expensive petrol always!

Then about 3/4 months ago it was bloacking my brothers car in the drive coz i had work the next morning and he had to go get something from a mates so he took my car- cut a long story short- wrapped my car round a pole at a roundabout and now its pretty much deemed a write off (took the insurance 4 months to tell me that btw) anyways, they have offered me a settlement and said i could have the car back for about 10k. now i dont know wether to take it or not and just go get a new 1- or just leave it altogether and get somet different! (had semi deiceded on an audi but not ordered anything yet)

so help..? thoughts?

also how can i push the insurance for more money? should they be offering me the value of the vehicle as it stood when the accident happened or now? it has been 4 months! over that now a think and its still going on...meanwhile finance company is rinsing me...

cheers all

Hi

bet that hurt :headhurt:

u need to gather as much evidence as possible of the market value of the car, even autotrader adverts. eventually enough proof and they will up the offer. Took my mate a couple of months but was worth it get the true value

good luck

hi ppl,

thanks for all the welcomes!

just to clarify( zedrush) they offered me 26k and said i can then buy it back for 10k unfixed - coz thats how much theyll sell it on to a breakers yard!

would post pics but dont have any ppl! sorry!

i will try the autotrader thing- thanks for the advice...anymore would be welcome!

95% of the parts are the same as UK models. Both cars are made in Japan afterall. There are a couple of traders on here who can supply new parts and better prices than Nissans Official prices and there also is a Nissan dealer on here that does a good discount.