Under strut lighting

chirag1988

I'm looking at getting a strip of LED lights from ebay and sticking them under the rear strut bar in the boot to give out a bit more light when opening the boot.

Wanted to know if it's as easy as just wiring into the existing boot light or do I risk blowing the BCM?

I do, but it's not as bright as I want it to be. It's the same LED as I've got in my sidelights lol

Also I think it would look quite nice to have a glow from underneath the strut when opening the boot

Edited by chirag1988

Drop MopedMark a PM mate. I made a boot divider for him with a Z that was illuminated using LEDs. They come on when opening the boot. He'll be able to advise where best to pick the feed up for your lighting :thumbs:

• Like 1

Drop MopedMark a PM mate. I made a boot divider for him with a Z that was illuminated using LEDs. They come on when opening the boot. He'll be able to advise where best to pick the feed up for your lighting :thumbs:

Thanks mate I'll drop him a line :thumbs:

Thanks mate I'll drop him a line :thumbs:

let me know will ya?

cheers

Hi guys, just saw this, yes it's easy to do you can tap into the wiring for the rear boot light no problems with doing that at all,

ad618a9e299ce25ce4ee8453e332fb89_zps69571007.jpg

I have also tapped into the rear tail lights for these lights I have made

02e2b4ee7ea0f0bc344fd1a6e221229e_zpsc53b1381.jpg

:thumbs:

Thanks mate I'll order me some LED's off ebay today then and will just tap into them :)

Liking the brake lights one as well bud

• 2 weeks later...

Just to say.. I have now done this. Got some LED lighting. Wired them up to rear interior light. Looks improved at night. Did u do it?

I've bought the strip of lights soon after I started this topic but not had a chance to do it yet lol.

Have you got any pics you can put up of yours? Did you buy the same ones I posted from ebay?

Hi mate, I used a panel type SMD's which have 18 seperate LED's which more than illuminate the boot! Worlds apart from the usual LED stuff you get. I've used them as regular interior lighting as well, they really are silly bright:

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/93189-ryants-build-diary-introduction-with-bonus-mx5-content/#entry1404055

I was originally selling them to the guys on the MX5 forum, but then found out you can use them everywhere in the 350!