Ohhh yes... another MPSS question :)

Vlad

Right then people... looking to get new tyres for new wheels and decided to go for Michelens!

I can see there are few different ones... Pilot Sport, Pilot Sport 2 and 3 and Pilot Super Sport!

I know that everyone is raving about Super Sports.... but what about Pilot Sport 2 and 3? Are they as good or complete rubbish? lol

Haha thanks guys!

The reason I asked - as was looking to get part worn ones...as you can get tyres with 7mm thread for less than half price and noticed that there are quite few PS2 and PS3 and not as many PSSin required sizes :)

PS1 came first. They were okay.

PS2 came next. Massive upgrade of the PS1, and the definitive tyre for 18"+.

PS3 then followed. Aimed at a much smaller car (MX-5 et al), and whilst they were good they weren't a patch on the PS2. Poor naming on Michelin's part.

PSS are the newest ones. They are the absolute pinnacle in car tyres right now, excluding semi-slicks.

I would happily run either PS2 or PSS on a modern car. No point in running PS2 though, as they're the same price or more expensive than the PSS but not as good in any department. :)

• Like 1

Are they still producing PS2's or is it just a case of purchasing up old stock until it runs out now? I thought PS3 was supposed to replace PS2 so I'd be surprised if they were still manufacturing both.

My Megane 250 came with PS2's as standard, amazing tyre but expensive and quick wearing!