My Akuma Skyline with a the heart and soul of a Zed..

SkylineV35

Really nice looking car, shame my v35 isn't yet at that level. Great build thread :thumbs:

Thanks what have you done to yours? I havent really seen many about in person..iv seen a black one with blacked out tints in Manchester onetimeit looked amazing!

Really nice looking car, shame my v35 isn't yet at that level. Great build thread :thumbs:

Thanks what have you done to yours? I havent really seen many about in person..iv seen a black one with blacked out tints in Manchester onetimeit looked amazing!

Not too much at the moment, got it in October, silver on 19" team dynamic Wheels.

I've done the Ztube upgrade and fitted Apexi power intake filter.

Then some sensible stuff like changing Aux belts and cabin filter.

Fitted a reversing camera

Replaced passenger side window motor

About to Fit an H-Dev grounding kit and an OEM front bumper lip which I found on Ebay

They do seem to be rare, the Guy I bought the Front lip from said only 140 V35 / G35s in the UK.

Planning to go with the silver and black theme looks wise, I don't like the wheel & Tyre set up ive got so will look to change these along with lowering it and replacing any worn bushes / drop links etc.

Your window motor went aswel?t lol My drivers side went had to jam a wooden spoon in to hold the window up until I got one ordered :lol:

140? thats good news :teeth:

Cheaper way to lower it is put on 350z oem springs and do rear sping mod mount should leave you with a thunb gap between arch and wheel depending on what profile tyre you go on the rear, mine rarely scrapes on speed bumps.

Will you be doing the North Wales run? Im planning to do it this year would be nice to see another one around :thumbs:

Edited by SkylineV35
  • Like 1

Not too much at the moment, got it in October, silver on 19" team dynamic Wheels.

I've done the Ztube upgrade and fitted Apexi power intake filter.

Then some sensible stuff like changing Aux belts and cabin filter.

Fitted a reversing camera

Replaced passenger side window motor

About to Fit an H-Dev grounding kit and an OEM front bumper lip which I found on Ebay

They do seem to be rare, the Guy I bought the Front lip from said only 140 V35 / G35s in the UK.

Planning to go with the silver and black theme looks wise, I don't like the wheel & Tyre set up ive got so will look to change these along with lowering it and replacing any worn bushes / drop links etc.

Your window motor went aswel?t lol My drivers side went had to jam a wooden spoon in to hold the window up until I got one ordered :lol:

140? thats good news :teeth:

Cheaper way to lower it is put on 350z oem springs and do rear sping mod mount should leave you with a thunb gap between arch and wheel depending on what profile tyre you go on the rear, mine rarely scrapes on speed bumps.

Will you be doing the North Wales run? Im planning to do it this year would be nice to see another one around :thumbs:

Luckily I got the window to stay up by messing around with the switch.

Good to hear it doesn't scrape on the 350 springs, I had been told that the V35 was too heavy for the springs and it may be better to buy a purpose built lowering spring, maybe the rear spring mod mount fixes this issue.

Did you have to fit the 350z front adj upper arms to compensate on camber.

Doubt I will be able to make wales, My wife also uses the car for work, shes as mad about these cars as me :lol:

• Like 1

No its well within the V35 adjustment limits.. you will only need camber arms and toe kits etc if you drop it an inch or more. As far as im aware it drops us 1/4 inch roughly and on the saloon versions half inch. Any good garage with alignment would be able to adjust you back within factory spec.

I have the 2005 that came with sports suspension I kept the original shocks and changed to 350z springs, yes our cars are heavier but alot of people in the states run this to keep factory comfort and due to our car being heavier it firms it up a litlle too, however does not cancel out bodyroll, thats why I have the eibach sway bars. To be honest id probably skip the getting aftermarket lowering springs and just get something like the HSD dualtech or HKS Hipermax RS but my inital plans were to just do 350z oem springs and save up.. but they have been superb so far and I probably wont change them until one of my shocks die lol or a set of coilovers come up cheap secondhand. =)

• Like 1

No its well within the V35 adjustment limits.. you will only need camber arms and toe kits etc if you drop it an inch or more. As far as im aware it drops us 1/4 inch roughly and on the saloon versions half inch. Any good garage with alignment would be able to adjust you back within factory spec.

I have the 2005 that came with sports suspension I kept the original shocks and changed to 350z springs, yes our cars are heavier but alot of people in the states run this to keep factory comfort and due to our car being heavier it firms it up a litlle too, however does not cancel out bodyroll, thats why I have the eibach sway bars. To be honest id probably skip the getting aftermarket lowering springs and just get something like the HSD dualtech or HKS Hipermax RS but my inital plans were to just do 350z oem springs and save up.. but they have been superb so far and I probably wont change them until one of my shocks die lol or a set of coilovers come up cheap secondhand. =)

That's good news as the cheaper option is preferred due to budget, mines a 2003 so would you recommend upgrading the original oem shocks.

Unfortunately I am going to have to do something about the Tyre / wheel set up, its currently running on 19" wheels with 245/40 rear and 225/40 front, I think for better handling it needs to be at least 265/45 rear and 245/45 front.

As I am not able to do the suspension myself I am building a list of to do's, so that a lot can be done at once and save on labor, so your advice is very helpful, thanks. :thumbs:

Edited by Piranha

Just a heads up on the suspension side of things, any of the Japanese suspension/coil overs etc will make the ride harsh, if you want to lower and keep a reasonable ride BC coil overs for the Z are a good compromise, and will also negate the need for ARBs if fact I would only go for one or the other as both will result in making the ride very harsh.

• Like 1

Just a heads up on the suspension side of things, any of the Japanese suspension/coil overs etc will make the ride harsh, if you want to lower and keep a reasonable ride BC coil overs for the Z are a good compromise, and will also negate the need for ARBs if fact I would only go for one or the other as both will result in making the ride very harsh.

Thanks that's helpful, I can see where your coming from as it would include the shocks and new top mounts saving in the longer term as well

Another tip if you want to avoid ride harshness is to go for the std type rubber bush top mounts rather than the so called "pillow ball" mounts, which are just a spherical bearing and will also contribute to making for a harsh ride, fine for track but not for road.

Thanks , that's what I want as I do not plan to track

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks good mate :thumbs:

Give us a shout when your back up in Glasgow and we will arrange a meet.

Yes definately man! Chinese new year is around 19th of February so should be coming up around that time :)

Drop me a pm when your heading up mate. :thumbs:

Count me in on that meet Kris, this car I wanna see in the flesh. Absolute cracking looking machine 😃

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Just remembered I have a build thread.. well things werent going well last year, I wanted to open up the headlights to spray the inside black or colourmatch the body colour. Stuck it in the oven got distracted came back to melted headlights and the list goes on... will update with pictures soon the phone i had at the time brand new htc m9+ touch screen died so trying to get the pictures out of the old one. :surrender:

• Like 2