just how good is the m3

nissanman312

my friend is getting a 2010 m3 and im very tempted by one also

what got me thinking of this was is im also toying with charging my 370 until i saw you can get a m3 the same age for what my zed is worth plus the 10g for supercharging properly.

that v8 sounds awsome and the whole drive is supposed to be awsome

anybody had one ?

I've got a late 2008 M3 V8 and I can tell you while it's very accomplished and super refined, it does not have a patch on my full sorted 350z when it had the Vortech SC with almost 450whp.

However it's not comparing like for like

what is your z now then? are you talking a road driven z or track?

I've got a late 2008 M3 V8 and I can tell you while it's very accomplished and super refined, it does not have a patch on my full sorted 350z when it had the Vortech SC with almost 450whp.

Sorry, hijacking the thread, but was wondering the same? Going forged and TT?

Anyway, an M3 is probably always a consideration. The image is something that puts me off a bit. People think they're driven by tw@s. At least with the Zed people actually have to know me before they think that! :)

• Like 1

It's a fast road/track spec zed. Only getting a cage and stripping this winter but full race spec suspension and BBK. Its back in NA spec now waiting for a bigger SC capable of over 700whp and a forged engine to go in spring hopefully.

It's not comfy but when I get in, it fits like a glove and everything makes sense.

I've chucked more money at it than the cost of the the cost of a 2010 M3 but coversely you can sc the M3 and get 550-650bhp but the overall cost will also double.

You just have to choose your starting point and go for it.

Sorry, hijacking the thread, but was wondering the same? Going forged and TT?

Anyway, an M3 is probably always a consideration. The image is something that puts me off a bit. People think they're driven by tw@s. At least with the Zed people actually have to know me before they think that! :)

no problem at all

i keep asking myself why didnt i buy one in the first place

truth be known i didnt try one i just fell i love with the z and still do

im just thinking if going down more power route whether the zed will handle the power or whether it will come undone so to speak

To answer the op's original question.I dont actually own one but have track driven them since the engine change.Yes, its a very capable car-comfortable-lots of toys etcetera BUT it is very heavey and start to push on and the bigger engine makes its presence felt on the front end.

Owning one was an option but over here EVERYONE has one.Most of the regular visiting Brits have them (Brit Mans Workhorse) rough translation fromGerman.:)

Keep the Z, I'm keeping mine for the very high speed stability, the generally excellent mechanical grip generated when driven properly is far better than the M3.

• Like 1

I'm having similar thoughts. I love my Zed so much that I can't think of anything that I'd like to change it for, even though the cars I'm considering are probably better in different ways... 370, Cayman, M3, XKR, M6 etc.

I can't help thinking that dropping the extra cash into the 350 would make it even better. There's no guarantee that a different car would give you the same feeling. Although, I have heard some people worried so much about their cars after FI that it took the fun out of ownership... like every noise is your engine about to explode!

Have you driven an M3 yet? That might totally change your mind if not.

I'm having similar thoughts. I love my Zed so much that I can't think of anything that I'd like to change it for, even though the cars I'm considering are probably better in different ways... 370, Cayman, M3, XKR, M6 etc.

I can't help thinking that dropping the extra cash into the 350 would make it even better. There's no guarantee that a different car would give you the same feeling. Although, I have heard some people worried so much about their cars after FI that it took the fun out of ownership... like every noise is your engine about to explode!

Have you driven an M3 yet? That might totally change your mind if not.

ill have a go in my mates he should have one soon

thinking back now i think what sold the z to me was how it felt when you get into it! you feel like your getting into a sports car! nice cockpit feeling

id love to go down the fi route also from reading ive done on the subject it seems your car blowing up etc is down to the bhp you push and the quality of the tune

but yeah me being the type to worry id be paranoid at every noise!

i think that would pass with miles under your belt tho

Edited by nissanman312