Increasing steering angle.

GT4 Zed

Someone here was looking to achieve this without spending mega bucks with custom parts. Can't find the thread but got around to fit my Tein inner tie rod and SPL outer tie rod.

I donot drift but increase steering angles is also beneficial on a track spec car to get tighter turn in and to help bale out if you have a massive tail out.

I used the SPL outers because they are adjustable and I wanted to restore the geometry and be able to dial out bumpsteer as I'm lowered and run larger front with a lot of camber and tie out.

Otherwise you just need both Tein inner and outer. TBH you can just get the inner and use the OEM outer as it's the inner that gives you the ability to increase the angle if you install the supplied spacer but the TEIN tie rods are stronger and will be a goiod thing if you drift or track seriously.

You can get TEIN here: http://www.tein.co.uk/product/tie_rod_-tie_rod_end.html

SPL/ TEIN tie rod ends

BA5CF851-12B0-4A00-838F-AE0B1B7CED27.jpg

Before angle

85E90B9C-0EA7-49CD-8340-51A58D1BCFE9.jpg

After angle

C1D8063B-D33F-4AF7-B281-95E09F882C23.jpg

What it looks like underneath. (Not pic of my car but same set up minus the knuckle)

20C4D064-A0C7-457F-8BB7-1836F2CB3512.jpg

Knuckle cut in half

D075FFB9-CFE2-4842-9F9D-FDE41606FA56_1.jpg

I also found that despite removing the steering bumpstop knuckle on the compression arm there is no interference from the tyre at full lock either way on both side but I think this is due to my wheel ET. I would advice you check clearance and shave the knuckle off to to the point of maximum lock to avoid interference.

Edited by GT4 Zed

Bennett, one, car's filthy, two different sides of car, three different shoes, it's all very confusing :lol:

Four, sorry.

Flex you are mad :lol: :lol: the side doesn't matter as the steering angle is the same both sides. The before and after it shows the increase in the angle the wheel is make in relation to the body panel. I will take an overhead shot just for you.

@ Steve. The link takes you to TEIN website and should set you back under £200 delivered. Also shop around if you want a bargain.

I did not bother with making a guide as fitting tierods is basic stuff and I had a whole suspension bushes and subframe to swap.

I got some Pic of what the arms look before and after and will get them onto PB and stick them on.

• Like 1

Bennett, one, car's filthy, two different sides of car, three different shoes, it's all very confusing :lol:

Four, sorry.

It's where the first shot was taken in 2003 and the second was 2014 and his shoes had aged THAT MUCH :scare::lol:

• Like 3

Four, sorry.

It's where the first shot was taken in 2003 and the second was 2014 and his shoes had aged THAT MUCH :scare::lol:

probably not washed in that time either! The zed that is!

Edited by Flex

Bennett, when is your birthday? I got some ideas about the gift! :lol:

Why do you have to wait for my birthday? Xmas is round the corner.

Anyway that's my knackered Loakes loafers I use when working on the car :lol: you guys are just wrong.

Edited by GT4 Zed