HELP NEED A CAR/JEEP

Zedrush

Just sold my wifes Jeep Grand Cherokee and bought Range Rover Vogue Td6.

We looked at lots before buying. Don't get a Navara or Pathfinder they are awful cars. I wouldn't recommend a Freelander either unless it was the latest shape.

£20k would get you the latest shape Jeep Grand Cherokee but be prepared to loose lots of money. You could also get a Hummer looking Jeep Commander for that money almost new. A safe bet would be a Discovery, but it would have to be the old shape at that price. Also, the old Merc ML is a horrible car compared to the new one so that rules them out.

Not sure what to recommend at £20k, Jeeps are OK, we had ours for 3 years. I guess a Shogun would be a sensible option or if you want something a bit more extravagent, £20k should get you a 2002/03 Range Rover.

diesel? bah!

hmm

XC70/90 then :(

Had a V70 and XC70 Cross Country estates on hire. What awful cars. The alarm sensor in the middle of the headlining in the V70, (well I think that's what it was), kept falling out whilst we were driving it.

It's like stepping back in time. Reminded me of a Ford Granada Estate. Put me off Volvo's for life... :scare:

how about clk or an old x5?

A CLK is a coupe not a 4x4. The Merc 4x4 is an ML. Not very good cars until the new model came out last year. They are made in the USA... :scare:

X5 is a brill car, but residuals are so high. A mate has just bought a 2004 X5 3.0d and it cost him £27k. £20k would probably get you a 3.0 litre petrol though.

I dont mind a car just as long as its deisel, so not just after a jeep :thumbs:

How about the toureg?

Touareg's a good motors. Basically the same car as a Cayenne as they were developed togther.

If you are in the market for a CLK or a Jeep, you can't get 2 more different cars. Sounds like you are after something with 4 wheels. ;)

too many on the road :shutup:

Why diesel. Buy a cheaper car and with the money you save you can afford a petrol engine. You could get an RX8 for £12k and they have 4 seats. Not to mention Scooby, Evo etc.

Other wise get a diesel Pug / Citroen, say a C2.. ;)

Cos have to do really long trips and deisel is the way to go, plus there are alot of deisels out there that just need one chip and you get more torque than what the 350z delivers :scare:

yeah,

my friend's chipped A3 sportsback has more torque than the 350Z...

but its still no match ;)

Torque says nothing when you have a powerband of 2000rpm and spend more time changing gears to get to 60mph than accelerating :teeth: