Crank Pulley question..

SkylineV35

I am intending to do a HKS GT Supercharger build as the prices on them are pretty good atm about 3900 for Pro kit and im not looking big power. Im sourcing parts right now... I plan to stick with the stock pulley that comes with the kit and just run deutschworks 600cc injectors and warlbro 255 fuel pump, along with Fluidampr crank pulley and Uprev. But for now I have AMS crank pulley on, which I know isnt good for F/I, I am planning to run the Fluidampr Pulley which I know will overdrive it slightly and push an extra 2psi but wont go over 110,000rpm and overdo the supercharger. But im intending to fit while my car is still na I know the A/C side wont require new belt as its same size but will I need new belts for alternator p/s side? If so what size and where can I get them? I know stock crank pulley is 5.75" and Fluidampr is 6.15" Is this within the limits of the tensioner. Also is there any point in having the warlbro fuel pump and 600cc injectors in while im n/a? as I plan to have my car upreved, then continue to save for HKS.

You could put the 660cc injectors and 255 pump in, would let you test and make sure they work 100% but in my opinion you are adding miles/ dirtying them for no reason so would hold off until you get the charger. As for the fluidampr, I am waiting for mine to arrive :teeth: but yet again dont see the point in buying a new belt only to have to swap it out soonish?? for the longer HKS one.

Still running my AMS crank pulley, will let you know how scored my crank is in a few months.

• Like 1

I did the same things and it saved my lots of time when I finally installed the SC.

FWIW you should install a fuel return system (CJM stage 0 = your goals) and leave in the OEM injectors because putting in larger ones will mean you need a tune which is pointless. You can adjust base pressure to OEM with the Walbro pump and FRS installed. IMO the car felt smoother when I did this.

I managed to use both stock belts after installing the Fluidampr pulley. But you can get belts from ECP. They come in small increments larger or smaller.

If you are going the lenght of buying all this parts why the HKS? You can keep your power down around 400whp by using the vortech V2/V3 SCi trims with 3.33 pulley. The HKS is really low on torque particularly.

As mentioned already I don't see any point of upreving now.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info guys! Dirtying them? do they need replaced regularly I thought they would last the life of the engine? Your still running AMS?? all the forums were saying it was bad as it wasnt dampened etc and would cause damage etc etc lol

GT4Zed- Ahh so stock belts would work? is yours the 6.15" one as I heard they also do stock size aswell. Ahh my research led me to believe the opposite the torque is better but bhp is lower. The reason im choosing HKS is because the that it will run quieter than the vortech as I do alot of long journeys from Scotland to Wales and the bracket looks gorgeous lol. Also the reason why Im so keen to get all the supporting mods on is so that when I get the Supercharger its just a case of bolt on tune and go so my car isnt off the road for long and having a second car isnt feasable for me. Is fuel return really neccesary on the HKS as alot of the people dont run them with the HKS. What re the benefits of fuel return how does it help? Thanks for your patience lol

Fluidampr was from tegiwa imports (they had a deal on so got mine for £372 delivered) only one size from what I can see. The 660cc detchwerks will run like a pig without a tune and spray too much (as the ecu still thinks they are oem) as for dirty disregard that, just make sure you give your filter sock a good clean when you swap in the walbro.

I still have the dual mass flywheel which acts as a damper as well but will be switching to single lightweight hence the need for the fluidampr also spins my blower max speed without over reving.

Ahh Im looking at Tarmac to get mine http://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/GB/350z_03-06__Fluidampr_Balanced_Damper/350z-640901_.aspx

I was thinking of getting the warlboro and 600cc injectors in before my uprev, just wanted to see if it would make a difference. Also Iv been looking at a few d.i.ys online and they said that warlboro needs to be modified slightly to fit? Can you confirm, i think theres two lil black bits at the top that need chopped off?

Also what gauges are you running? I have already installed oil pressure gauge, oil temp, vaccum/boost gauge and ordering zeitronix/aem afr, is egt or fuelpressure necessary?

Bolloc#s if I had known that Tarmac sold them, back when I was looking to buy :dry: must be a newish addition to his site. Yes walbro pump needs modified to fit, just some cutting to do. I tried to drive about with 660cc injectors but drove like a pig and that was with a frs but can't remember if I had the Vortech on or not at the time. AEM air/fuel and boost.

Didn't want lots of gauges distracting me and the fuel pressure regulator on the return system has one so can just open bonnet to check.

Edited by evilscorp

I can only hear the pump when you prime the car but doesn't intrude to much after just a small buzz that your exhaust will probably drown out. The walbro comes with 3-4 tabs on the bottom if I remember right, will have a look if I have any pics to hand.

Personally I am now after a 340 pump as I think I may encounter lack of fuel soon enough.

• 4 weeks later...

I did the same things and it saved my lots of time when I finally installed the SC.

FWIW you should install a fuel return system (CJM stage 0 = your goals) and leave in the OEM injectors because putting in larger ones will mean you need a tune which is pointless. You can adjust base pressure to OEM with the Walbro pump and FRS installed. IMO the car felt smoother when I did this.

I managed to use both stock belts after installing the Fluidampr pulley. But you can get belts from ECP. They come in small increments larger or smaller.

If you are going the lenght of buying all this parts why the HKS? You can keep your power down around 400whp by using the vortech V2/V3 SCi trims with 3.33 pulley. The HKS is really low on torque particularly.

As mentioned already I don't see any point of upreving now.

Hks makes more torque than Vortech ;)

• Like 1