I'm sure this wasn't there last night.. Dent removal advice.

Randy_Baton

So looks like someone drove into me, after cleaning it up it doesn't look to bad. After getting my car keyed a few months ago this is undeserved... I've had a summer of discontent.

IMG_2102_zps71eea85b.jpg

IMG_2105_zpsab4b59e6.jpg

IMG_2101_zps8eabd922.jpg

Its not like its a tight fit or a car would have any need to turn. The garage I'm next to is shut at the weekend.

IMG_2107_zps0a940884.jpg

Will this be simple for someone like chips away/dent magician?

Edited by Randy_Baton

What a f**ker, ...seriously can't believe that's happened to you after the keying incident. :rant:

Don't give up as I'm sure there are a few decent people left on this planet, ...just seems none of them live near you. :surrender::lol:

Seriously hope that some "dent master" or similar will be able to sort that. They should be able to get at it from behind the wheel arch I'd think. ;)

I know how you feel mate. Just had mine repaired today by chips away and they did a fantastic job.

The problem is that the bit of the arch below the line is double skinned so mine had to be drilled, pulled, filled and painted, but you would never know that looking at it now.

Feel for ya mate...hate dents on my car also.

Shud'nt be a problem to remove like GM said as long as they cn get to it from wheel arch,

proberly best remove wheel and arch before they arrive..most dent masters charge about £40 a panel.

Mike K-g

How much did Chips away charge? I've had 2 quotes in, both ~£100. With one guy saying he'll only be able to get it 80% right.

One of them said he would have to cut a 1/2 inch whole in the door stop and get in that way, then fill the whole with a grommet. Sounds like a bit of a big hole.

Edited by Randy_Baton

How much did Chips away charge? I've had 2 quotes in, both ~£100. With one guy saying he'll only be able to get it 80% right.

One of them said he would have to cut a 1/2 inch whole then fill it with a grommet. Sounds like a bit of a big hole!

Chips away charged £160 for mine but it was a deep scratch so needed painting.

1/2" hole?? That's massive. I'm guessing he needs a hole that size cutting into the inner panel to get his magic tool through.

Have a look at my damage and repair here

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/92448-moron-drivers/

Edited by steve916

That will be a tricky one - had about 30 dents taken out of mine but not tried one there.

As has been posted - if it's double skinned, they drill a small hole in an unobvious place to get the bar in and then seal the hole and put a small bung in.

I'm sure there will be a way. I'd expect to pay about £50 to a pdr chap for that one as its a bit more hard core than the usual dings.

I have a rear arch dent on my zed there, it's a difficult place to repair.

I have not had mine done yet so will wait to see how it's done.

There is three angles on the arch which I was told makes it tougher to repair, but I'm sure dent pullers will do it.