Fitted carbon front lip

tatooandy67

fitted my carbon front lip today,

Bit of prep work - removed the flexible plastic strip from below the bumper, was easier than I expected just had to drill through half a dozen rivets then a wipe down with some degreaser and ready for fitting

FD82CA51-84B4-43DC-A8A0-C6D281943E81_zpsdjufs3th.jpg

Couldn't get my jack under the car so had to drive up onto a couple of bricks to raise her a bit

FBC22776-A9F8-445F-9144-2BBAEA8D52FD_zpsp02btngk.jpg

Did a quick test fit and was pleasantly surprised at the good fit, just snapped into place

C4F1BA13-F354-4CB8-BC13-81ECAA2012D1_zpskzimdu8e.jpg

Bit of tigerseal and several hidden self tapping screws and job done with no pain (seems I was worrying over nothing)

628DC476-9053-49B2-B4E5-D5EFCDD7DFE4_zps5ngmhagp.jpg

1C5612A2-F6A1-43AD-9C56-D41A5B9974F5_zps62sgjsnb.jpg

Really pleased with the result :teeth:

Also fitted my side steps but don't like them :( so they'll be coming back off ASAP so if anyone wants a set of 370 side steps they'll be for sale on here very soon, very cheap (probably next weekend if not sooner)

39E0DF79-B671-408F-AA45-A28BFCDE0A04_zpsajaoeurg.jpg

Very pleased with the front lip though, can't wait to get my spoiler fitted thanks Mitz :thumbs:

• Like 3

Great job Andy and that front lip look's fantastic. :cloud9:

I'm with you on the sides steps though tbh:

*Ring, ring* "Hello 1930's calling, Clyde Barrow & Bonnie Parker want their runner boards back!" :scare::lol:

:lol: both my friend and I passed a similar comment straight after we fitted them, my mate said they'd look more fitting on a Morgan :lol: think I'm going to save my pennies and get a pair of seibon side skirts to match the lip, bonnet and spoiler

I'll have to be extra nice to the Mrs maybe Santa will get me some ;)

Edited by tatooandy67
  • Like 1

Side steps look fine to me. Front looks good.

I'm really pleased with the front but the steps seem a little flimsy and they don't really fit with the overall look I'm trying for :( but never mind nothing ventured, nothing gained ;)

Edited by tatooandy67

Looks very nice indeed! I like the steps too, think they compliment the front lip and bonnet very well.

Thanks, I do think it needs something along the sides to tie it all in but I'm not 100% sold on the steps so I've taken them off for now, they were a spur of the moment choice which sometimes works and other times doesn't, I've seen the side steps on other 350/370's and think they look nice on some of the cars I've seen but just not for me so I think it's back to the drawing board, start saving again and try a few more mock ups on photoshop to help me decide. They weren't too expensive though so hopefully I'll get some cash back if/when I put them up for sale so not really so bad :)

But on the plus side I'm very pleased with the front lip :teeth:

Edited by tatooandy67
  • Like 1

I like that a lot. Carbon looks so nice.

Sweet,I'm a carbon junkie :lol: got my rear spoiler to go on next, waiting for a call back from my local body shop though as I'll need a bit of paintwork and holes filling when the oem spoiler comes off :thumbs:

981D5DD1-D544-4119-BB9B-EE58B3CD9E54_zpslvtwmmkb.jpg

Looking good. B)

I think your right about the side steps. With a large lip like that, a full size side skirt will look much better.

Thanks, ye that's what I was thinking, it needs something but the steps didnt look right, I've got my eyes on a set of matching side skirts, maybe like this Seibon set

DE4859D7-BB7B-4C94-9FF3-AE7E8BCA5538_zpsmgx8vnwy.png

6E35C207-FCC9-47DC-BEB9-91F76F4BC1F7_zpsjnblrjtj.png

guess I'd better get saving :thumbs:

Edited by tatooandy67

Looks good mate! What front lip is that? Looking for something to toughen mine up when I oick it up next week!

Re: the sidesteps, you got them up for sale yet? If they're aren't already gone, drop me a PM will be very interested!

• Like 1

Looks good mate! What front lip is that? Looking for something to toughen mine up when I oick it up next week!

Re: the sidesteps, you got them up for sale yet? If they're aren't already gone, drop me a PM will be very interested!

Nice 1, it's a seibon NS front lip, I bought it through Mitz at CS along with some other goodies :)

PM sent, sorry for the delay not been on here since this morning :)

• Like 1