White spots on samco coolant hoses

SHEZZA

So I've just popped the the bonnet to fit a new washer bottle cap and noticed hundreds of little white spots on my red samco coolant hoses. I've had a quick look on the net and it appears that it's the coolant causing this, which I guess could be true as where the hoses fit onto solid pipes there's no white spots. The coolant in genuine Nissan pre mixed stuff. Has this happened to anyone else on here ? I've had a look on here and couldn't find anything.

If you can't remove the spotting with cleaning solutions, it may be worth contacting Samco direct, as I am sure they offer a lifetime guarantee on their products.

Remember noting that when I visited their stand at Japfest 2 earlier this year.

If you can't remove the spotting with cleaning solutions, it may be worth contacting Samco direct, as I am sure they offer a lifetime guarantee on their products.

Remember noting that when I visited their stand at Japfest 2 earlier this year.

Cheers Ridz. I haven't tried removing the spotting as it appears to be within the silicone. Mitz from the cougar store has PM'd me who supplied them from samco and is now on the case.

I've never heard of this happening to anyone else but me!

My first set were purple and these had spots after a couple of weeks, these are what they look like 18 months on

e9bf34d0d162de84166d6c08a90b8b31_zps493c943e.jpg

My second set are black and this is what they look like after 6 weeks

9e84e4f4a012ef24b3eef23b5261a253_zpsd2d9788a.jpg

None of them have been cleaned with anything other than warm water as they didn't need it and the black ones had never been cleaned.

I've emailed Samco who didn't answer after 2 weeks, when I chased them they told me to email someone else and after over a week I haven't heard from them either, so much for lifetime warranty!

I only use Nissan pre-mix coolant too but if it was the coolant surely other people would have had the same problem.

Edited by Voodoo Vix

^^ Bl**dy hell Vix the purple ones look terrible & the black ones look like they're heading the same way. :scare:

I've bought Mishimoto coolant hoses for mine which thankfully so far (5 weeks on) are showing no signs of this type of problem. :dry:

Hope you get some sort of resolution over this. :thumbs:

Can't see a resolution anytime soon as Samco aren't doing anything and I've had no response from the other company either! This only happened to the coolant hoses the one on my induction kit is like new still.

What coolant are you using as I might try a different one, just don't want to buy anymore hoses as already spent nearly £300 in 2.5 years!

• Like 1

The pic of your black ones is how my red ones are going hopefully Mitz will be able to sort something out for me cos if they end up like the purple ones which no doubt they will I'm not gonna be very happy as is not a cheap mod by the time you've bought the hoses, coolant and had them fitted.

• Like 1

Can't see a resolution anytime soon as Samco aren't doing anything and I've had no response from the other company either! This only happened to the coolant hoses the one on my induction kit is like new still.

What coolant are you using as I might try a different one, just don't want to buy anymore hoses as already spent nearly £300 in 2.5 years!

I'm using Nissan L248 pre-mix engine coolant so probably exactly the same stuff you have in yours. :shrug:

If only it was a simple as a different coolant to fix the problem that would be nice. :)