Sports Personality of the Year

martinmac

Seems like a bit of a no-brainer after todays Grand Prix. How anyone can drive like that in terrible conditions is amazing. The only thing that comes close IMO is watching bikes do it in the wet.

Anyway, another brilliant drive by Lewis, especially after all the crap that has been going on in the background recently

:drive1:thumbs::#1:

Seems like a bit of a no-brainer after todays Grand Prix. How anyone can drive like that in terrible conditions is amazing. The only thing that comes close IMO is watching bikes do it in the wet.

LOL

I would have said the opposite. Racing a bike in the wet is a whole lot more risky than racing a car ;)

Watched it in Majorca live at 6 am this morning :yawn: Was superb when Alonso crashed :yahoo: Nice to see Spanish faces drop when he did.

They also had a 2007 350z ad on the tv here :thumbs:

As for sports personality of the year Louis had this in the bag months ago. :thumbs:;)

Hamilton definately showed his class yesterday. Stunning drive! Alonso must be gutted. I felt sorry for Vettel too, he was like a broken man when he got out the car, could have been his best ever race.

Lewis seems to be dishing abit more out towards Alonso in his interviews now... anyone else noticed this?

Hamilton definately showed his class yesterday. Stunning drive! Alonso must be gutted. I felt sorry for Vettel too, he was like a broken man when he got out the car, could have been his best ever race.

Lewis seems to be dishing abit more out towards Alonso in his interviews now... anyone else noticed this?

yes stunning drice my Lewis. It reminded me os Schuey in the wet....class act.

And yes he's certainly standing up for himself. Since Alonso won't speak to anyone you can't blame him. Seems like Lewis has tried but now given up on the moody Spaniard... :yawn:

Anyway Alonso crashed...... :yahoo:

I am so jealous you're going to see the race!!! Got a spare ticket?? :lol:

Have to agree though, the guy is a legend although I do feel his head is getting a little too big in the last few weeks. He still has a lot of growing up to do when it comes to the media imo.

No Spare ticket - sorry.

I think on the whole for a 21 year old ( I think that is how old he is) he is doing pretty well with the media. I cant be easy being in the same team as a prima dona (especially a blackmailing one).

How Ron Denis can stand having him in the team is beyond me. If

I were Ron I would take the fine out of Alonso's pocket !

No Spare ticket - sorry.

I think on the whole for a 21 year old ( I think that is how old he is) he is doing pretty well with the media. I cant be easy being in the same team as a prima dona (especially a blackmailing one).

Well said. Lewis is 22 BTW.

Maybe Ron wants Alonso to bail out. That way he would probably have to buy his way out of the contract which would cost Alonso big time, e.g. hey presto, Ron has recouped some of the $100M. :thumbs:

No Spare ticket - sorry.

Maybe Ron wants Alonso to bail out. That way he would probably have to buy his way out of the contract which would cost Alonso big time, e.g. hey presto, Ron has recouped some of the $100M. :thumbs:

Hmm good point, bring in Jenson to replace the winey Spaniard

What a team that would be.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

No Spare ticket - sorry.

Nice thought. I'm a big Jenson fan. He's clearly been ill advised in the past which has always seem to mean he's been in the wrong team and the wrong time. I'm not sure he'd match Lewis's pace though.

No Spare ticket - sorry.

Nice thought. I'm a big Jenson fan. He's clearly been ill advised in the past which has always seem to mean he's been in the wrong team and the wrong time. I'm not sure he'd match Lewis's pace though.

Yeah i agree, but he seems mentally pretty tough and i'm sure he made his own decisions. It would be great to see them both in a McLaren though, i agree i don't think he could match lewi's pace but it would be nice to see what he can do in a decent car. He's been better than Barrichello all season for me and Rubens wasn't that slow in a ferrari.

Sorry but although I'm a huge Jenson fan, I think he'd be outclassed.

I think Raikonen, Alonso and Hamilton are in a class of their own, with Massa running them close.

There are some other youngsters coming up, but I'm afraid the old school has had it. Shame.

JohnK

p.s. Hamilton's qualifying lap was not only phenomenal driving, but also inspired tactics - whoever in the team got him to scrub a set of tyres in Q2 for use in Q3 deserves a public accolade!

Told you so.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp ... 022171.stm

I reckon Alonso should pay $100M to exit his contract.... ;)

An article in the Metro today said that Alonso had a bust up with Ron Denis at the Hungary GP and threatened to reveal emails about the spying, which he subsequently did. Surely Ron want's rid of the little sh1t, but would prefer Alonso to beg with cash. :thumbs:

Told you so.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp ... 022171.stm

I reckon Alonso should pay $100M to exit his contract.... ;)

An article in the Metro today said that Alonso had a bust up with Ron Denis at the Hungary GP and threatened to reveal emails about the spying, which he subsequently did. Surely Ron want's rid of the little sh1t, but would prefer Alonso to beg with cash. :thumbs:

Ron spoke to Max Mosely after his bust up with Alonso and told him what Alonso had said. Alonso didnt tell the FIA until he was asked about it in the investigation following the conversation ron and max had. By this time the spanish imbecile couldn't be punished by the FIA for what he reveiled!

I hope Alonso moves on personally, but if anything its been an interesting season, and probably one of the best to watch in recent times.

Firstly, after this experience at McLaren, Alonso will think 27 times before embarking on new adventures with other teams – and besides Todt already has two good drivers

So as Flavio has offered a job to Alonso anytime he wants he is basically admitting that one of his drivers is disposable. Has he finally realised that Fisichella sucks?

Firstly, after this experience at McLaren, Alonso will think 27 times before embarking on new adventures with other teams – and besides Todt already has two good drivers

So as Flavio has offered a job to Alonso anytime he wants he is basically admitting that one of his drivers is disposable. Has he finally realised that Fisichella sucks?

Todt has stated he doesn't want Alonso.

Flavio said that it is wrong to treat drivers equally and Alonso being World Champion should have been the No.1 driver. Alonso knew the principles the MaClaren team before he joined, but I guess Alonso didn't realise Lewis would be quicker than him. This means if you're currentlly a Renault driver you are either out or No. 2.

My prediction at the moment though is Alonso will be without a drive next year, i.e. sit out his MaCalren contract, which of course could potentially ruin his career. Ron will be hard on him if he wants to leave and will Alonso be prepared to dip his hand is is pocket and pay. The longer this goes on the more the likelyhood their won't be a seat for Alonso in any F1 team. :yahoo:

to be truthfull as much as Ron doesn't like the guy personally you cant take away the fact that he probably has two of the top 3 drivers in f1. And if it came to it, he would let Alonso drive in a Mclaren next year.

I think Alonso knows he's in one fo the best cars/teams at the minute but hates the fact that he's being beaten by his team mate. So although i think he would like to stay and be in with a chance of getting the 2008 championship i dont think he will. He'll go to Renault before toyota purely on the fact that they have a bigger potential to get on the podium and he knows how they work. But yeah Toyota is definately a possible route.

to be truthfull as much as Ron doesn't like the guy personally you cant take away the fact that he probably has two of the top 3 drivers in f1. And if it came to it, he would let Alonso drive in a Mclaren next year.

I think Alonso knows he's in one fo the best cars/teams at the minute but hates the fact that he's being beaten by his team mate. So although i think he would like to stay and be in with a chance of getting the 2008 championship i dont think he will. He'll go to Renault before toyota purely on the fact that they have a bigger potential to get on the podium and he knows how they work. But yeah Toyota is definately a possible route.

I can see what you're saying. But if you had someone working for you who had knowingly kept something away from you that would cost you $100m, reputation and a whole world of pain, would you still want them working for you???

IMO, Alonso is a sore loser. You didn't see Prost / Senna whinging about favouritism. They just got on with it and raced.

No i wouldn't but he's still got another year on his contract. Don't get me wrong i think Dennis will try to push him out of the team and try to make Alonso go on his own accord but i cant see him cancelling his contract as he would have done it by now. As far as the team is concerned the championship is over, Ron just wants to see Hamilton make history so if their was ever a good time to get rid of him it was straight after the hearing. As he's not done it yet, i cant see him doing it at the end of the season. Ron would love it to see the whinging cry baby beat fair and square by his own protege'

I could be wrong though...

Ron will be approached by Alonso's manager. Most likely sooner rather then later as other drives might expire. The options will be presented based on whether Alonso wants to drive for Mclaren next year. If he doesn't two options are available. As he's under contract for a second year he can either buy his way out with McLaren's approval or he can sit it out for the year. With the second option he can’t drive or test drive for another team in any form of motor sport.

So which option do you think he'd prefer if he wants to leave???

One thing to remember, if he stays he'll receive the same support next year as Hamilton will get just like this year.

Guy