engine warning light came on

Zedrush

Just drove back from a club at the Engine warning light came on :shutup: had high flow cats zorst induction and plenum fitted but that was ages ago, apart from induction which was a week ago. Everything has been fine, but tonigth light came on hope its nothing serious I just slowed down got home switch engine oof and gone to bed, cant sleep as am worrying a bit :dry: is this serious, left my owners manual at work damn it :rant:

From what I remember of mine, a solid light is better than a flashing one.

As has been said, you can read the codes yourself for peace of mind. From what I remember the procedure is tricky, but well worth it.

It's more than lilkey some fairly minor, maybe a sensor problem somewhere. My 02 went pop after about 18 months :)

Long shot, but if you've just filled up, sometimes not sealing the tank properly can set it off - apparently :)

My friend cam round yesterday and pluged his electronicy thingy into the ECU to find out what codes were coming up, it turned out to be my high flow cats lamber A and B were not reading correctly with the sensors as the sensors still thought my old cats were on, but because more stuff is coming out it got different readings and that sign came up. Did anyone else have that problem when they changed their cats? :wacko: He took the light of now as well and said that it came on because of a certain cycle you have to do to get the sensors to react like that. He said he will book it in and find away where the sensors wont conflict with the high flow cats,so everything is back to normal now for now. :blush:

My friend cam round yesterday and pluged his electronicy thingy into the ECU to find out what codes were coming up, it turned out to be my high flow cats lamber A and B were not reading correctly with the sensors as the sensors still thought my old cats were on, but because more stuff is coming out it got different readings and that sign came up. Did anyone else have that problem when they changed their cats? :wacko: He took the light of now as well and said that it came on because of a certain cycle you have to do to get the sensors to react like that. He said he will book it in and find away where the sensors wont conflict with the high flow cats,so everything is back to normal now for now. :blush:
I was going to say i bet it was the sensors conflicting. I think with the high flow cats you need to get a MIL eliminator. This basically bypasses one of the sensors i think and tricks it into thinking that both are working ok. I had the same issue on my old MG. Maybe its the same thing with these?

I was going to say i bet it was the sensors conflicting. I think with the high flow cats you need to get a MIL eliminator. This basically bypasses one of the sensors i think and tricks it into thinking that both are working ok. I had the same issue on my old MG. Maybe its the same thing with these?

Shouldnt need to with hi-flows only with decats.

Get it into a dealer & see what codes it throws up or try the pedal procedure yourself.

You could also buy an OBDII reader, comes in handy sometimes ;)

Most likely a transient issue, unless one of the O2 sensors went bad (possible). If it keeps happening, have a garage check the O2 sensors.

Neither high flow cats nor test pipes (no cats) will typically throw a code -- I've run both with no issues.