Sports cats and Y pipe?

zippypooz

Hi chaps,

Im thinking about replacing my standard cats and y pipe with something better...its a bit of a mine field out there so im wondering if anyone can advise as to what cats and y pipe to opt for...at the mo i have a 3" custom mid pipe, plenum spacer and piper cross filter...any advice would be appreciated!!

Thanks!!

• Like 1

Expensive, but you could go motordyne art pipes and xyz. The cat is in tne y pipe then and the art pipes will minimise rasp and hiss whilst still being able tompass an MOT. Probably around £200-300 more than the cobra setup, buy would sound awesome! :thumbs:

• Like 1

Just fyi ~ There are some Motordyne Art test pipes for sale on here which are supposed to be the dogs bo**ocks; http://www.350z-uk.c...pipes-for-sale/

I used to have Berks HFC's which are a fantastic choice for high flow Cats imo. No rasp or drone. B) Cobra's from CS above though are a good choice as well.

Power increase is hard to say zippy as every car/test condition/dyno etc is different.

If your old Cats are particularly dirty inside though combined with the other exhaust parts you could be looking at 8-10bhp at a guess. :shrug: Purely speculative though. ;)

Edited by GMballistic
  • Like 1

Just fyi ~ There are some Motordyne Art test pipes for sale on here which are supposed to be the dogs bo**ocks; http://www.350z-uk.c...pipes-for-sale/

I used to have Berks HFC's which are a fantastic choice for high flow Cats imo. No rasp or drone. B) Cobra's from CS above though are a good choice as well.

Power increase is hard to say zippy as every car/test condition/dyno etc is different.

If your old Cats are particularly dirty inside though combined with the other exhaust parts you could be looking at 8-10bhp at a guess. :shrug: Purely speculative though. ;)

Thanks GM!

Are these de cats?

Are these de cats?

Yes, which is why you need the xyz y pipe with the cat in it.

Those are the ones I mentioned in my post. Great setup if you have the cash and those 2nd hand would make it about the same price as the cobra kit.

Are these de cats?

Yes, which is why you need the xyz y pipe with the cat in it.

Those are the ones I mentioned in my post. Great setup if you have the cash and those 2nd hand would make it about the same price as the cobra kit.

Ahhh right i see...excuse im ignorance!! Thanks. Gonna look into this.

Just an option available. The cobra setup would also be good.

Ok ive delved into this a little, very interesting, im thinking going for the resonator and hfc option although interested in the Cobra too...just need to find and compare prices, heres a good link: http://my350z.com/forum/intake-exhaust/554175-motordyne-art-pipe-and-xyz-review-module-test.html

Ok, so what sort of benefits to performance are we looking at and roughly what sort of cost? Obviously im not expecting silly BHP but curious!!

check my dyno a week on tuesday. i wil let you know. :)

Will do!! what sort of costings are you looking at and which set up??

hi.

well without wanting to give away prices and etc too much as thats between me and trader,

But Abbey M/S as supplying me with their 'Performance package' (details of which can be found on here somewhere.... probably their Trader section) which includes '06 airbox, plenum spacer, HFCs, plus Y pipe and remap.

i am also getting my P3 done at the same time, so for me its well beyond 4 figures.

reading your sig, looks like your just missing the remap and hfcs. ?

i am doing a 3-way dyno. so yea, i'll upload the results. :)

Pritchard

• Like 1

hi.

well without wanting to give away prices and etc too much as thats between me and trader,

But Abbey M/S as supplying me with their 'Performance package' (details of which can be found on here somewhere.... probably their Trader section) which includes '06 airbox, plenum spacer, HFCs, plus Y pipe and remap.

i am also getting my P3 done at the same time, so for me its well beyond 4 figures.

reading your sig, looks like your just missing the remap and hfcs. ?

i am doing a 3-way dyno. so yea, i'll upload the results. :)

Pritchard

Thanks Pritchard, yup im wanting to do this prior to uprev as thats all im missing really. Thanks for your help!
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...