Lowering just the rear?

leet8845

Now I've fitted my spacers, I'm happy with the front but the rear still looks a bit high, can i swap the rear springs to just lower the rear? I cant lower the front because my spoiler will rip off on the speed bumps but im ok with how it is now, its just the rear i don like.

r7rsr2U.jpg

im in the same boat as u Leet. I really want to lower my Z, but I am already scrapping on many speed bumps around me. I've even caught the front bumper on some carpark ramps! (no, I wasn't charging up there at 20mph lol)

I guess it either biger wheels,or electronic adjustble coilovrs.

I done mine on a four post ramp used the ramp jack to lift the car put two stands on the ramp under the factory points.then used the ramp jack under the lower arm to keep the spring compressed remove the bolt that go through the bush let the jack down spring comes out.

Feals the same as it always did.

• Like 1

I dont think bigger wheels will make any difference, wouldnt the gap would be the same?

Bigger wheels (19/20") wont fill the arch, but will raise the car so the lip wont scrape, so essentially if you lower it, it will scrape the same now, but will fill the arches more :)