Malfunction Light (and missing valve caps :(

sipar69

Do you think the over enthusiastic acceleration when not fully warmed up could have tripped it?

Nah, I'd be absolutely astounded if that caused the issue at all. I mean, in theory the cats might not have warmed up and you could have made the engine run a bit rich at one point by accelerating too much too soon, but it's a very unlikely set of conditions and I've personally never heard of that happening on an NA car. Given they're smaller cats and heat up quicker than OEM, I'm even more prone to discard that idea.

I'd leave them in and just fit the spacers, if you have further problems after that then possibly look at removing them but I don't see that happening. Last thing we want to do is make your 370ZN even quieter again! :lol:

Do you think the over enthusiastic acceleration when not fully warmed up could have tripped it?

Nah, I'd be absolutely astounded if that caused the issue at all. I mean, in theory the cats might not have warmed up and you could have made the engine run a bit rich at one point by accelerating too much too soon, but it's a very unlikely set of conditions and I've personally never heard of that happening on an NA car. Given they're smaller cats and heat up quicker than OEM, I'm even more prone to discard that idea.

I'd leave them in and just fit the spacers, if you have further problems after that then possibly look at removing them but I don't see that happening. Last thing we want to do is make your 370ZN even quieter again! :lol:

Cheeky git ;) Thanks for the advice. I'll keep an eye on things and see how it goes. I'm just relieved it's nothing serious and that I didn't have to give the local stealership £100+ to diagnose it. Now I can justify splashing out on GTA-V!

Edited by sipar69

Glad to read it's sorted for you sipar. :yahoo:

I'm with Ekona on this, ....try the O2 spacers first & if they don't sort the problem and you can't justify the UpRev then maybe consider changing back to the OEM.

Personally I'd keep the HFC's and go see Mark one day if you can especially if your keeping the car for a good while longer. B);)

• Like 1