OBD2 reader

martybhoy

Hi guys,

Driving home last night my check engine symbol has popped up on the dash! :(

Cars driving perfectly fine with oil, engine temp etc all normal. No rough Idling or lack of power.

Which has got me really annoyed, im hoping its nothing more than an o2 sensor possibly.

A friend in work has one which im hoping to get cleared this evening.

I'm curious though what models of reader do you use and would you reccomend them if I was to buy one?

Also anyone with any ideas what the issue that I might have feel free to drop a comment.

Cheers

What's your location

I'm just outside Glasgow bud.

I bought one for a tenner delivered (someone here recommended it)

It worked - hopefully not going to be using it much so reliability shouldn't matter?

http://www.ebay.co.u...ME:L:OC:GB:3160

Cheers mate i'll take a look soon as I can. Was it able to clear codes/lights aswell?

Wrong end of the country for me to help haha

Thanks anyway bud, Hopefully I can clear it tonight and that its nothing serious being shown up.

I would like to hope not since the car is as normal.

Yep, it had a clear function but I got bored waiting for the Postman and did the pedal jig thing to get in the ECU.

Yeah its annoying driving around with it on. Fingers crossed this works tonight and I'll order myself one for future issues.

Edited by martybhoy

I have one of these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350530546725?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Sounds expensive but is so much more than just a code reader/clearer. It plugs into the port under the dash to the driver's right and sticks to the windscreen to the right of my instrument cluster. Clearing codes/eml's is a 10 second affair (I get loads of ghost warnings from my exhaust which throws the eml but theres never any codes stored so I know it's just the exhaust playing up). Works ok with ODB1 on my 2005 too. :teeth:

• Like 1

Happened to me when the battery went loose and ended up leaving it un plugged for an hr. Turned it back up and engine light appeared but have left it ever since couldnt be bothered to get rid as i think my sensors are to close or something anyway. Used that obd2 reader last month and had 3 error codes had a look and it said vw and audi error codes no 350z lol so hit reset light switched off but came back on 10secs later :(

hmm PPod,

I'm not too sure on your instance. The guy in my work used an un-wired plug to the port connected with bluetooth to his samsung tablet and used an app called 'torque' which I need to be honest was great he could view all the diagnostics plus montior everything from my revs to the vaccum rate etc.

Happened to me when the battery went loose and ended up leaving it un plugged for an hr. Turned it back up and engine light appeared but have left it ever since couldnt be bothered to get rid as i think my sensors are to close or something anyway. Used that obd2 reader last month and had 3 error codes had a look and it said vw and audi error codes no 350z lol so hit reset light switched off but came back on 10secs later :(

Just take it to an MOT test centre, they can wipe it for you. probably cost you a drink and only takes 5 minutes.