Steve916- Build Thread

steve916

Nice thread Steve, love that blue colour :( so jealous.

Thanks mate. That colour along with the frost interior is what tempted me in the first place.

A few in that colour for sale at the moment. Could always trade yours in and start all over again :D

I don't think my bank account could stomach getting rid of what I've done and starting again :lol: especially to an HR.

Nice thread Steve, love that blue colour :( so jealous.

Thanks mate. That colour along with the frost interior is what tempted me in the first place.

A few in that colour for sale at the moment. Could always trade yours in and start all over again :D

I don't think my bank account could stomach getting rid of what I've done and starting again :lol: especially to an HR.

Haha. You've done an impressive build mate. Maybe sometime in the future I would think about a charger, but I can't justify spending 10k on one for mine.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Heres a belated update for you guys. Its been a couple of months since Ive had the work done now, and can report that all is well and the car is running as it should :)

It all started from this thread http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/92590-hr-potential-oil-pressure-problem/page__st__60

And then, after seeing Roscoes results, I concluded that mine was suffering the same, so went ahead and got Mitz and Andy @ Cougar Store to carry out the work for me. They did a fantastic job, and I can show you some photos of the work in progress.

Love this picture ;)

C6B25C82_zpsm6omexjx.jpg

2280AECA_zpsldrjrbqt.jpg

D994B1C3_zpskyt0wfx6.jpg

1F04366B_zpsetljbjn8.jpg

A97CE507_zpss2gphezh.jpg

88DD3DD9_zps1p0iwcyt.jpg

50ACC4C5_zpsekmshvcu.jpg

79DFA6C7_zpsi1hhiu3v.jpg

You can see the original paper gaskets in the photos, and where the oil was leaking by internally. These have now been replaced with the later Nissan steel reinforced gaskets.

Thanks again to Roscoe for pointing me in the right direction, and to Mitz and his team :thumbs:

• Like 4

Good photos of the work in progress for future reference, and glad to see that everything is running smoothly again. :thumbs:

Have to keep an eye on mine now, although she's only up to 36k, its good to be forewarned about these things.

I wondered why you had gone quiet recently...............or is it because your other half has given you have a massive "to do" list on the new house?

Settling in ok?

Good photos of the work in progress for future reference, and glad to see that everything is running smoothly again. :thumbs:

Have to keep an eye on mine now, although she's only up to 36k, its good to be forewarned about these things.

I wondered why you had gone quiet recently...............or is it because your other half has given you have a massive "to do" list on the new house?

Settling in ok?

It's a bit of that, and the fact that we are surrounded with lots of countryside and parks that we can go out with the kids more often.

Didn't have such a luxury before ;)

But, yes, we're settling in really well thanks. Now I have a garage, I've been kitting it out with benches etc, and have also started on the new garden.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Glad it's all sorted now mate! As I've mentioned before it's not if its when these gaskets will fail on the HR.

Even some of the early 370's are starting to fail now.

Definitely worth looking into when buying a HR engined car.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

D197D7DE_zpszauptltx.jpg

5CFE50F6_zpscknnlbvz.jpg

Been a while since I have made any changes to my car, so thought I better do something this week.

Wheels refurbed in Anthracite Grey.

I'm very pleased with the results and the meaner look to the car just by darkening the wheels down.

I'll get some better pictures up tomorrow once I've spent a few hours cleaning ready for a show on Sunday :)

• Like 5

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...