Steve916- Build Thread

steve916

Finally managed to install my new Android head unit and reversing camera today.

Thanks to Buster for his advice, and to the guides on here, although they could probably do with putting together as one complete guide to change head unit.

Thanks also to Veegee for the background image.

Anyway, heres how it looks :)

FD70EC0B_zps1912e983.jpg

Oh, I also picked up the freshly painted spoiler this afternoon, so that will be fitted in the next few days.

• Like 5

How's the head unit working out for you? I've been very tempted by one of these eBay non brand ones. Would love one with satnav.

Its working fine. I can sit in my house and decide what apps I want and download them to the car from the comfort of my lounge :)

Satnav works brilliantly. I didnt get it from ebay. I bought it from a guy I have bought one from before for another car, so I trust him. They also have a UK based service centre in case of problems. I think I paid £380 including a reversing camera. I can put you in touch with him if you like.

Great buy! :thumbs:

Which cam did you choose? Fitted in the license plate light? CMOS or CCD? What do you think of it?

How does the subwoofer work with the unit? Some say this combination doesn't result in good quality,... wondering what that means and what's your opinion. :)

Did you use the sound booster?

Thanks to Veegee I now have the background on my head unit looking like this :thumbs:

Much better! Now the background mesh is sharp.

What resolution did you guys use?

Edited by mrCD

Which cam did you choose? Fitted in the license plate light? CMOS or CCD? What do you think of it?

How does the subwoofer work with the unit? Some say this combination doesn't result in good quality,... wondering what that means and what's your opinion. :)

Thanks to Veegee I now have the background on my head unit looking like this :thumbs:

The subwoofer works, but not as well as i would like. The rest of the speakers sound ok, but I'll probably rip all those out come the warmer weather. I didnt use the sound booster. I followed Busters instructions for soldering the connections instead.

Youll have to ask Veegee about the resolution he used, but im pretty sure it was 800x480.

800x480 is the image size but the head unit automatically zoomed in, so I reduced the zed's size by 50%.

• Like 1

That's looking pretty good from where I'm sitting. :thumbs:

I particularly like the back end shot and the 3/4 rear shot.

Are you happy with it Steve ?

Very happy with it :)

Very smart Steve! B) what's next on the agenda? lol

Maybe a front lip or sideskirts. I have ordered a zunsport front grille already ;)

• Like 1