who's got a Snooper?

parello9

I know this may sound stupid....But why not just ask Collin what he had and go buy that if you liked it?

Last thing I did before I left the car with Nino was to remove the snooper - didn't want to, er, get caught out on my last drive :doh:

And yes Nino knows it was an S4 :thumbs:

I have diffusers if thats how its spelt front and rear.

When a laser is fired at the car I fire one back causing the originating signal to give an error code.

ATM a friend of mine is developing a nice little plug and play device.

All Police radios create chatter!

Every 30 seconds they communicate back to their base station.

This device (Successfully tested) picks up this chatter, and the device starts to beep to let you know that somewhere nearby is a Police vehicle.

As at the moment nothing out there except rear view observation will allow you to see what's creeping up behind you.

And how many of us slip over the 70mph on a motorway.

Certainly on a few forum meets I have been on we have accidentally creped over the limit for the type of road we are on.

Now the phoo phooers will say its illegal ect. Oh no it isn't.

Because its been tuned for all emergency frequency channels so you can em um move out the way when you hear the beep :)

As to price, well the original was about £800 but the lab rats are developing a version for about £50 that just plugs straight into the 12v power socket.

At the extreme end of the market is an EMP (electro magnetic pulse) system that can actually be purchased by Joe public.

But unless your a Bank Robber I can't see why you would want one fitted to your car.

All of the above is really for us gadget freaks who like our toys.

I want one!

• Like 1

IF your only requirement is a digital speed display then why not get a smart phone holder and use an app to display GPS speed? I'm sure there's lots out there for all flavours of smart phone and it will be cheaper than the proposed option.

IF however you really want it so you don't get caught exceeding the speed limit then the cheapest and fool proof way is to not speed.

I don't agree with all these jammers/diffusers etc. you speed then you take the risk.

As for the lasers only being active once it detects a vehicle speeding.... How does it detect a speeding vehicle to arm itself in the first place?? Genuine question as I suspect a lot of the information here is hearsay with some being factual and some being pub talk.

lets not get confused about laser jammers and laser vans.

A laser van is triggered very similar to a gatso trigger.

Lets say that the van is triggered to go off at 32mph.

If your going along at 31 mph then you won't trigger the laser from the van.

And as such, your device will not pick it up as your not being targeted.

If you were travelling at 33mph then the trigger is released and a passive beam is sent 3 times I believe toward your car.

It is this beam that your detection device should pick up.

Anyway I have been using an app that was recommended to me called WAZE

Its a navigation aid and a vast number of other users are running it.

All I am going to say it this, Down load and give it a try.

And enter into the spirit of things.

I wasn't confused between laser jammers and vans at all.

I merely mentioned that I didn't understand how the laser was armed by detecting a speeding vehicle. I think what you're saying is it uses some kind of radar to get an approximate reading before verifying via the laser. That sounds perfectly plausible, thanks :thumbs:

I've heard of waze and I know quite a few of the forum members use it too. It's still a relatively static database based on user input which I suppose can be useful on journeys you aren't familiar with.

I still think the best preventative, cheapest and none ambiguous solution is not to speed in the first place. I Suspect we have all done it at some point but if you get caught you can't complain which I didnt ;)

• Like 1