Fifth Gear - Lambo vs Ducati

Dan

So who saw Fifth Gear last night ?

I thought the Lambo vs Ducati bit was fantastic, always interested to see these types of things, being a biker.

Although I must say I thought it was quite obvious the bike had slowed down for the telly to make it more exciting to watch. In reality I reckon the bike would have been well away, he even had time to pop the front wheel a couple of times showboating for the camera. Smart arse :D

I reckon if they had have timed the 2 seprately the bike would have been miles quicker. Cars are soooo wide and difficult to get past.

Good stuff though... :thumbs:

Yeah thats a good point, timed runs would have been more fair. And Tiff must have been wary of contact and knocking the poor bugger off....he looked very close at one point.

Haha, yeah great article. I wouldn't have thought even in lapped times the bike would of been much quicker than it was. I mean the Lambo was catching under braking but got left behind on the straights so its swings and roundabouts. The Superleggra Lambo is no slouch either. I know its defferent but you just have to look at the nurburgring to find that theirs not much difference between cars and bikes with regards to laptimes.

True enough, but then you look at the price :teeth:

Duke is something like 11k brand spanking which makes the Lambo look a little dear !

I would reckon a lot is down to the circuit as I would say a car is quicker in very tight stuff and definitely can brake harder, and therefore later, so on a tight twisty circuit it would be closer and on a more open circuit I would expect a bike to be further ahead.

Good to watch though.