Supercharged 350z for Sale

mouthwash

Posted · Hidden by GIXXERUK, January 15, 2015 - thread clean - op's request
Hidden by GIXXERUK, January 15, 2015 - thread clean - op's request

all of Vortechs written instructions for V3 superchargers states 3000 miles for engine oil. I don't know what else to say really.

Probably that another four or five times should do it...

• Like 1

States or recommends?

With the SC'd cars I've had I ran by 2 rules, I doubled the frequency of the OEM recommendations (9k or 1 year) but also performed additional oil changes after hard use such as trackdays. In my eyes it's reliable engineering for the sake of a few quid & will ensure that the engine will not fail due to poor oil quality.

I'm sure others will argue or have their own opinions or a ways to save a couple of quid,

• Like 3
Posted (edited) · Hidden by GIXXERUK, January 15, 2015 - thread clean - op's request

I'd say it was a firm recommendation :lol:

But as you've said, it's a few extra quid to ensure the car is looked after.. I see no problem with what I'm doing or recommending. I have no issue spending money on the car to look after it, as mentioned a page ago now I've just replaced the y pipe completely rather than getting it repaired again. I could have been cheap and just bodged it, making it the next owners problem but while it's still under my ownership it will be looked after correctly. Even if that does mean I perform oil changes 2k miles before other people would. :p

Edited by mouthwash
Posted (edited) · Hidden by GIXXERUK, January 15, 2015 - thread clean - op's request

It's a case of saving a few quid if you do it on your own, the minute you go to another garage and they change the oil and filter for you and then they "find" other "glitches/problems" with your car advising to do the work for you, it's not cheap anymore.

Anyway, back on topic, DON'T SELL IT, you'll regret it! :lol:

Edited by octet
  • Like 3

It's a case of saving a few quid if you do it on your own, the minute you go to another garage and they change the oil and filter for you and then they "find" other "glitches/problems" with your car advising to do the work for you, it's not cheap anymore.

Anyway, back on topic, DON'T SELL IT, you'll regret it! :lol:

I don't want to sell it and I'm saving like a mad man for it to be the case but if someone came along and offered me the money I want for it, I won't say no. :teeth:

I can offer SOME money for it, not THE money you want for it though :lol:

Woh if we're are playing this game I can offer LITTLE money for it, not THE money you want for it though :lol:
  • Like 1

Woh if we're are playing this game I can offer LITTLE money for it, not THE money you want for it though :lol:

I can offer slightly more than this guy above me :lol:

I can offer slightly more than this guy above me :lol:

I will offer slightly less than the guy above me, I can't promise you I will look after the car, I can't promise you I will remember to change the SC oil, I also can't promise you that I will just flog it on for more than I bought it off you for.

But what I can promise you is....I will totally offer slightly less than the guy above me...

Excellent advert, maybe should be stickied once sold as an example on how to make an effort to sell a Zed :clap:

Don't make his head any bigger
  • Like 1

Is the car cheaper know as you have to change the oil every 3000 miles or is it still £11000

Yup, it's now £10,984

Is the car cheaper know as you have to change the oil every 3000 miles or is it still £11000

Yup, it's now £10,984

If anything I'd say it's MORE expensive. Clearly not enough supercharged Z owners look after their engines well enough, this is a rare example of one with a loved engine :p:stir: :stir: :boxing: :boxing:

• Like 2

Yup, it's now £10,984

If anything I'd say it's MORE expensive. Clearly not enough supercharged Z owners look after their engines well enough, this is a rare example of one with a loved engine :p:stir: :stir: :boxing: :boxing:

Proven by the fact that it hasn't used one bit of oil since the supercharger install :)

• 3 weeks later...

Just to update, the front bumper is damaged. The dangers of driving around with the front so low, I'm currently in the process of getting it fixed so there will either be a new front bumper installed or this one repaired.

The car is booked in at Abbey MS to have the boost leak fixed and a P2 service at the beginning of Feb.

• 2 weeks later...