Sold the Zed for a 335d!

TomLum

Have wondered what a 335d is like to drive.

Always thought that these sorts of cars would be too clinical and wont feel like a 'drivers' car. Masses of torque and great mpg for the performance but feels a little dull and doesnt sound that great.

Dont park it in a multistory car park, you will lose it in amongst all the other BMW's!!

I completely agree. But the massive torque produced from the two turbo's easily make up for the lack of noise and drama. Always put a huge smile on my face. The only thing I hate is that every other car is a 3 series so you do blend in. But I guess there popular for a reason :)

• Like 2

Have to say, I am getting an itch to change the Zed as it's been about 3 years of ownership.

I have never driven a performance car with a turbo but then again I find myself coming back to check the prices of Integra's again. Tempted to go and test drive a DC5 but not sure what my feelings are potentially going back to a FWD car.

• Like 1

I’ve now had my BMW 335i saloon for roughly the same time period as my Z (3.5 years). I have to say I have found the 3 series to be simply better than the Z in nearly every department, apart from the looks. Interms of driving fun its nearly as good as my old Integra Type R, certainly more fun than the Z….But actually the shape of the saloon have grown on me B).

15471827635_9dfe5cf1d7_z.jpg

15471492992_805bc01898_z.jpg

And even stock the engine doesn’t sound half bad :)

I love my 335i so much even 3.5 years on I have no interest in changing it any other cars….not even the new M3.

Edited by gangzoom
  • Like 1

Before the Zed had considered 335D but as don't need to tow anymore, no convertible, diesel and use wife's Golf if want economy and sense. Reading this Forum people speak with passion about their Zed's which ,with possible exception of M3, you don' seem to get with 3 beemers. On Top Gear track Zed got same time as M3 of that era, E90 ? Having said that believe larger engines 3 series cars are the best mass production saloon you can buy.