Nismo exhaust with/without HFC's ?

jamess115

Hi everyone, I am the soon to be owner of a Nismo cat-back exhaust and would like some opinions on whether to get HFC's. My goal is to keep the sound relatively OEM with a nice deep tone at low revs.. and I know HFC's will crank up the noise but equally many on here really advocate them. I am interested to know why ? Are there any performance gains to be had with/without HFC's & a Nismo without a remap ? Thanks in advance

I have Berks HFC's on my Zed which are fantastic.

I did have an UpRev done on my car not long after having them fitted (about two months later) which obviously improved performance but even without that the sound difference over OEM Cats was so much nicer. B)

Just for your enjoyment here is what a Nismo exhaust system sounds like with De-Cats; http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/90016-nismo-exhaust-with-de-cats/

:thumbs:

Also fyi ~ I may well be selling my Berks HFC's which have only been on the car for 10 months (4.5K miles odd) so if you're interested I'll let you know when/if I decide to sell them as will be a lot cheaper then the £415 odd new. Genuine reason for sale as I may be going down the De-Cat route due to FI.

I have Berks HFC's on my Zed which are fantastic.

I did have an UpRev done on my car not long after having them fitted (about two months later) which obviously improved performance but even without that the sound difference over OEM Cats was so much nicer. B)

Just for your enjoyment here is what a Nismo exhaust system sounds like with De-Cats; http://www.350z-uk.c...t-with-de-cats/

:thumbs:

Also fyi ~ I may well be selling my Berks HFC's which have only been on the car for 10 months (4.5K miles odd) so if you're interested I'll let you know when/if I decide to sell them as will be a lot cheaper then the £415 odd new. Genuine reason for sale as I may be going down the De-Cat route due to FI.

I may well be interested if you decide to sell them matey if I can get more opinions re, Grahams point (above) on the potential loss of power with HFC's but no remap as I am not interested in remapping at present :)
  • Like 1