I had a little fun with......

Rock_Steady

If I wanted to do a lot of track stuff I'm not sure I'd buy the 350z for it.

Its more fun and quicker than just about anything FWD and the handling and particularly feedback are excellent, its just a bit heavy.

Personally, as you've said.. I think it's just a bit heavy. I'd much rather my girlfriends Mini for the track, rightly or wrongly.

Lets race!.....Can I borrow your Z while you drive your misses mini :)

I agree with said previously once your up and running you do need a big bump in power to pull away (and usually on the straights). Some hot hatches and even at times mini hot hatches can be scampering at the Zeds heels. :lol:

In terms of performance with the 350Z what cars are in the same bracket with it .

S2000's, Fast Clios, E36 M3's, S14 200SX's, Focus RS .......... TBH once youre moving there needs to be a big difference in performance to be noticeable anyway.

...R33, VX220... ;):lol:

Edited by coldel
  • Like 1

In terms of performance with the 350Z what cars are in the same bracket with it .

S2000's, Fast Clios, E36 M3's, S14 200SX's, Focus RS .......... TBH once youre moving there needs to be a big difference in performance to be noticeable anyway.

...R33, VX220... ;):lol:

A5 quattro :lol:

Its actually quite a long list nowadays!

Yes its just to big to take advantage of the big v6 power lump, when you take into account its older brother the twin turbo 300zx can take the pants off it in a straight line you really think it should be a bit better in the straights. Although I am finding out how much I liked having a good bit of power on tap in all gears at all speeds. motorway driving it just much easier to push people into the middle lane :lol:

200 SX as quick as a zed? surely it'd have to be a modded one. I've had an S14 silvia standard and I can't say it was as quick as a zed.

How long was it standard for? ;)

Exactly what I was thinking. Cant be many standard about as you don't need to spend a complete fortune for a decent power increase.