bit of a odd one

nap

very strange pick for next car?

But why not go for something a little different. I have always gone for quick cars that handle, so why go for this you may ask yourself ?

Well right price at the right time.sold the Z some time back, kept my focus to run around in and went out and baught a 1000cc sports bike.with winter coming up i felt i needed a little project.

Well the car I picked up is a nissan maxima, it a 20 year old car with only 71k on it.very good condition with full leather, in side is like a old man's smoking club, all leather and wood, its mint.the 3ltr V6 is silky smooth, as is the box.its a big old barge but fun to drive.for a 20 year old car it goes well,,193 bhp and 0 to 60 in 7 sec.

Looking to slam it down, tints, exhaust, and have been told that 350z wheels fit, so will be on the look out for a cheap set at some time.

Nice. :) That could be made to look pretty cool if you do the mods you had in mind.

You might want to join this site: http://maxima.org/fo...l-around-4.html

:thumbs:

yep,did have a look on there,i like the front end on the us spec cars,the uk spec has got a differant bumper and grill,the gen 4 as also differant rear lights.i did send off for a sports grille but when it turned up it did not fit as the us spec car the grill is joyed to the bumper.

still found one more to try :scare: not going to give up.

grille and lowering springs on there way,just got to fined a set off cheap wheels,have been told that 350z alloys fit,but might have to leave wheels a month or to,as have other things to pay out on.

photo of engine bay,great V6.http://002_zps639e0930.jpg

I've had 2 of these - a 2.0 as a company car and later a 3.0 as my own. Underrated :thumbs:

The general consensus at the time was that it was a very good car which suffered from the badge and shape - I didn't care about either of those. Just means they are cheap.

True, the nissan badge just don't sell it, just think if there was a Italian badge on the 350z ?, how mutch would it cost.

Toyota,,,,,,, Lexus

Nissan,,,,,,, infinity

You can see why the japs change the name, as for the nissan maxima ? Infinity i32, does sound a little bit more up market.

Why not a Lexus though?

In fact, if you are too worried about fuel there are a lot of Luxobarges out there, Im feeling its the way forward - my mate picked up a V reg Merc S500 the other day for £800 and apart from a couple of rust spots its actually mint, only done 90K miles and drives like brand new. Im jealous.

I did have a lexus.LS400, nice V8 and on a run did get 30mpg.crap round town but I only got it as second car, just a bit of fun as I slammed it down on 19s, tints.great gangster car and fun to drive.i just love Japanese vip cars

• 1 month later...

Well the taxi is slowly morning on, new grille is on, new progressive lowering springs fitted. The car now has a 40mm drop all round, new strut top mounts and bearings.i have new 18inch alloys, but not yet fitted as I have run out of cash, well for a week or two.