clutch issue?

d0minator33

Hey

Ive had my 350 for about 2 months now and i think it has a some form of clutch issue as when i start the car it doesnt pick up very well it revs quite slowly and doesnt move very fast(probably because its cold but not sure) but its fine after about 3 minutes of driving and shifts like it should .ive tried sticking it in a high gear and flooring it at low speeds to see if theres any slipping but it seemed fine.

so any ideas?

Thanks in advance

hmm ok it just feels like its dragging its feet a bit til the engines warmed ive been using 97 sainsburys fuel since i got it cos theres nothing better in my area maybe its not the best fuel for the engine or the short trips i do could be a problem maybe ill take her out for a nice long run at the weekend see how that treats it

thanks

why not try cleaning the throttle valve. I did the this a couple of weeks ago and can't believe how much more eager and responsive the car feels and it seems to pull harder too. I also noticed an improvement after fitting a high flow K&N air filter.

Fyi 3 minutes of driving is not enough time to let the car safely warm up before you start giving it some beans if that's what you're doing. I'd say at least 10/15 minutes or 10 miles at the very least before you start taking it above the 2.5k/3K rpm mark.

Much safer for the engine that way as it allows the oil/engine/gearbox etc to all get to operating temperature meaning less chance of wear on the engine/components.