Peugeot 207 GTI 1.6 turbo

StevoD

I would say get the Honda Civic Type R Stevo ~ I am biased on that view though as I used to own one which was an 03 EP3 30th Anniversary Edition which was the most reliable car I have ever owned.

Gave me 3+ years of happy, trouble free, VTEC motoring. Probably the best value performance car I have ever owned and I'd have another one tomorrow as long as I could keep the Zed as well. :thumbs:

Edited by GMballistic

so from standing starts honda is better but pug better from roll ons?

It would seem that way although would be interesting to know whether the Honda was in or near VTEC when they did there moving tests depending on what gears they where in as this would make a big difference.

When driving my old Type R at high rpm it was just fantastic as everytime you shifted gear it was straight back in to VTEC. Lower rpm's though it does lack a bit of go but it's a high reving n/a engine so to get the best out of it was always intended to be at the higher end of the rpm range.

Do you know if the Peugeot has independent rear suspension or does it just have a single torsion bar?

The independent rear suspension on the EP3 is part of what makes it such a great car on the track. B)

see the clio is an option but would have to be a 197 but dont think i would fit 4 18x9.5 wheel in the back of it

You see I wouldn't even consider the Clio from my brothers experiences with them.

Never driven one myself so no idea if they're a good car to drive but he had quite a few problems with all the Clios he had, ...172 Cup, 182 & the 197. He could have just been really unlucky though. :lol:

Found some info on boot capacity (not a lot I could find/be bothered to on the 207 but it must be out there). ;)

207 boot capacity ~ 270 litres with seats up

Clio boot capacity ~ 300 litres with seats up/1146 litres with the seats down

Width of boot opening at bottom = 93.5

Length of boot floor with back seats up = 65.2

Length of boot floor with back seats down = 123

Height of boot opening measured from floor = 89.2

• Like 1

I was also looking at the audi S3 at the same time as looking at the pug. Might be worth a look. Haldex 4wd great 5 cylinder engine and turbo'd

under 4k????

34 cars on auto trader, admittedly all 100k+ mileage. But these days that's an engine just warn in. If mileage isn't an issue you could spend half your budget