tow hook

Fayelady_z

if its screwin style it will screw in to you normal tow eye as below

ATT-NI-0158-4.jpg

If its the BENEN replica at trax you need to drill two holes into your crash bar and it should sit as below

976507_10151513019859790_1910779082_o.jpg

If you wish to put it on the rear to the passenger side by exhuast is a tow eye for a benen style one to bolt to but i think it has to be bolted upside down or you cant get to it

Fairlady said it's for the back.

What does yours look like Faye? I have one laying about from my FN2. Anyone got any more pics of tow hooks fitted on a Zed?

what style screw in or the BENEN style bolt ons

Mine is a bolt on like so...

msfafUy9OW4M1-RAtLq9dVg.jpg

Mines the same as that dude are they easy to fit?

• Like 1

yea look by your passenger side exhuast pipe, to the left hand side is your rear tow eye it just bolts to that, but i think it hs to go upside down or it goes up into the bumper rather than on show

Thanks a lot mate for the help, I dont use this forum cuz its got some real opinionated t***s

Will take a look tonight and see if I can fit it, thanks mate

• Like 1

What does yours look like Faye? I have one laying about from my FN2. Anyone got any more pics of tow hooks fitted on a Zed?

what style screw in or the BENEN style bolt ons

Mine is a bolt on like so...

msfafUy9OW4M1-RAtLq9dVg.jpg

Mines the same as that dude are they easy to fit?

It was easy on my FN2, haven't tried on my Zed as wasn't sure how it would look.

yea look by your passenger side exhuast pipe, to the left hand side is your rear tow eye it just bolts to that, but i think it hs to go upside down or it goes up into the bumper rather than on show

Sounds pretty simple then, might just see how it looks.

Thanks a lot mate for the help, I dont use this forum cuz its got some real opinionated t***s

Haha yes you may come across a few of them :lol: If you manage to do it then can you post some pics please? :)

• Like 1

Makes a change most people on here think im a opinionated t*** :lol:

• Like 2

I think it's different on UK cars, the UK ones have a screw in rear tow eye in the bumper. I know that mine has a hook sized slot under there, but it doesn't look all that meaty.

• Like 1

I think it's different on UK cars, the UK ones have a screw in rear tow eye in the bumper. I know that mine has a hook sized slot under there, but it doesn't look all that meaty.

Regardless of the strength of the hook itself, is it possible this thing under the car is just a tie down and not intended for towing?

Only mention it because like Matt's, mine has a little cover in the bumper that pops out to screw a hook into.

Also my MX5 has these little metal hooks front and back but the manual specifically states they are not for towing. That said, doesn't stop anyone fitting tow hooks to them.

Not my photos (thanks google + their respective owners)

tiehooks.jpg

20120801_184547.jpg

• Like 1