Taxbands

kraiga

Hi, could someone clarify how much UK road tax is on an 05 GT4 model? I understand this has the up rev engine as the 06 does? So therefor does it have the same tax band as the 06? Or is it strictly down to the 05 registration date?

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this post

Thanks!

Edited by kraiga

vehicles registered before 23 March 2006 pay the lower road tax

Yes, interesting history to this. When the tax bands were announced all cars in that emission band were due to pay the higher rate regardless of date of manufacture. However, under pressure from various motoring organisations it was felt that this was unfair to current owners so the tax was lowered to half of the new rate. This was supposed to be a temporary thing and as far as I'm aware isn't set in stone, although the number of cars in this bracket will be quite low and going down each and every year so I don't think it'll change now.

Pete

• Like 1

vehicles registered before 23 March 2006 pay the lower road tax

Yes, interesting history to this. When the tax bands were announced all cars in that emission band were due to pay the higher rate regardless of date of manufacture. However, under pressure from various motoring organisations it was felt that this was unfair to current owners so the tax was lowered to half of the new rate. This was supposed to be a temporary thing and as far as I'm aware isn't set in stone, although the number of cars in this bracket will be quite low and going down each and every year so I don't think it'll change now.

Pete

Interesting Pete, never knew that it wasn't set in stone so to speak.