uprev ???

leebottrill

Right i am completely dumb when it comes to this. I have a standard 313 roadster..I am soon going to be changing the exhaust backbox. I also want to have my car remapped/tuned/uprev'?

My question is what is it i want to have done? is an uprev the same as having it tuned or chipped? if so can i just go to a normal tuner? (in cornwall my closest is Celtic tuning)

Im not totally up on this, but am interested in getting the best out of my car!

some advise would be great!

If you are going for an uprev its advisable to fit a plenum spacer to get the full benefit from the uprev. Contact Wasso on the forum for one of his fabricated spacers, better than the motordyne..

OP, I think the answer to your question is as follows: The Uprev is a reflash of the car's own ECU which is basically a retune. The 350 ECU is effectively 'locked' by Nissan so unless you get a 'piggyback' ECU you have to buy the rights and mapping skills of the people who have 'cracked' the lock - they being Uprev. The tuning 'chips' you can get are basically useless, all they do is plug into the sensor loom and send different signals than true in order to fool the ECU into thinking the air is colder or denser than it is and therefore overfuel the engine. This does give an increase in power but it is not very efficient or particularly good for the engine (or fuel consumption).

The standard 350 ECU has tuning maps which will optimise the parameters involved in tuning the car's performance within its - the map's (fairly narrow) band. These being things like air/fuel ratios and ignition timing, at different rev ranges and loads. The standard maps the ECU runs will be made to take into consideration just normal Nissan components and earthly things like air pressure and temperature etc. If you add things which will make differences in these parameters outside the map's range it will just do its best at the limit of those parameters but will not be the total optimum for them. That is why the Uprev is so good because the tuner can map to match whatever different components the vehicle has had changed or added.

Hope this helps your understanding. :)

• Like 1

Horsham did the uprev plus berks hfc's and twin cosworth air filters, no plenum needed, I have a standard exhaust and the car sounds and goes great, will fit Miltek exhaust system at some stage which should enhance everything even further.

With all that fitted how different is the car? The map is next on my list