throttle hesitation

sregorn

I spent a lot of time looking into this as mine had what sounds like a very similar issue to what you are experiencing when I first brought it (which is probably why the last owner sold it because not even nissan know how to work it out)

It's to do with the exhaust cam timing going slightly out of its preset limits. Can be cured with an uprev remap! Contact mark at abbey motorsport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Normal, it's the exhaust cam timing. An UpRev remap cures it, as well as making the car 100% more fun to drive.

No just a software remap sorts it, no risk of engine damage or anything like that, you tend to improve the efficiency of it too.

Edited by Jp606

Just bear in mind that if you are also thinking of upgrading exhaust, air filters etc it is best to do those before the uprev otherwise you won't benefit from any gains these changes might do and might even upset the tune ;)

Mines standard with an uprev and still gained about 10bhp but it's not really about the gains as you will never get much even with mods. It's about how the car feels to drive after the uprev! Go for it! Definitely worth it!

OK. I am going to have to replace my exhaust soon as there is a small hole in the back box which I've had welded for now. Would you say its better to change the exhaust then get the uprev? Also I'm interested. You say it improves how the car feels? In what way if power isn't really increased?

I found after I had my uprev the engine felt much sharper, throttle response is also improved. I found before I had the uprev sometimes when pulling away the revs would sort of dive around a bit. I would say the car just feels more alive after the uprev :)